1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. £Terradons

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Conar, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Conar
    Skink

Conar New Member

Everyone knows terradons are a good unit with their uses

but are they really worth £30 a unit?
    a small unit at that...

or should I take a Sally and save £22

Cheers
    Conar

2. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

This will be a contested point for sure. For me, I'd prefer salamanders over terradons at this point. I am not impressed with their effectiveness with the new rules. If compared to their 6th edition rules, their role in your army is much more limited than it was. I don't have a lot of experience with Salamanders but I would choose them over Terradons at this point.

Ultimately it really depends on what you see yourself needing as a general given the troops you already field and how usefull either unit type will be against your typical opponents. If you do a pure price comparison, Salamanders are cheaper.

*edit*
    Despite the fact that they're cheaper doesn't mean that terradons are a bad unit and no one takes them. Please don't read that into what I'm saying. Terradons can still do a good job at what GW intends for their role to be in your army. They just can not perform well in other roles like they used to. Their usefullness has been narrowed.

3. Conar
    Skink

Conar New Member

I always saw Terradons as being improved in the new book
    and Sallamanders being less effective as before

but I suppose Im used to playing Woodelves, so its all about guerilla tactics

Conar

4. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

I won't challenge the statement about the salamanders at all. But if you check out my post in regards to Terradons in a previous thread discussing them, you'll be able to understand why I feel the way I do. Some cry nerf and other say that they were buffed. I think, after seeing how lengthy the discussion on this board has been, its fair to say that they are different. Better in some ways, worse in others. They're still a great unit, just reduced slightly, especially in the CC phase of the game. If you haven't checked this thread out, I would highly recommend it. I'm sure you'd be able to offer more insight.
    http://www.lustria-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1668&start=0

5. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

After the FAQ.. you could also ask.. is the stegadon worth €35,-? Im glad i only bought one.

I say yes that they are worth the money. But thats just because i use them in 95% of my lists. Like Barotok i am not gonna discuss about why they are good/crap.. all i say is.. Terradons are fine.. learn to use them. Don't expect them to wipe armies though.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I think both terradons and salamanders are fantastic, really useful to have in your army. Terradons are your best bet for warmachine hunting then marchblocking, as well as killing any lone characters around. Salamanders are reliable and can easily send panic through your opponents army, especially if you move them up a flank.

Are either of them worth the money that GW charges for them? Well I guess value is a personal thing and you need to decide yourself whether you would pay the money or not. I'm certainly not going to pay $27 per terradon (as they are in Aus) because that makes a rediculously expensive unit that is very useful yes, but still just a small support unit. And really, I value models on how much plastic or metal I get per box/blister and how much I like the look of them, not how good they are in battle. If terradons were terror causing and had multiple s5 attacks I still wouldn't pay the price they are, though it would certainly make me think of a conversion idea quicker :p.

7. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

I commented on a thread similar to that in reference of GW pricing. Their models seem to continue to go up in price all the time. I can think of a lot of models that aren't really in the correct price range for what they do.