1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000 MPP vs FEC

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Wilhelm Stürmer, May 23, 2019.

1. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

So, I will likely be playing Gwendar's FEC tomorrow. It will be in the Realm of Hysh and I'm fairly certain he'll bring the AGKoRT and at least one Abhorrent Archreagent, though he'd have room for two. This means 2-3 summons of 20x Ghouls and/or 3x Flayers in some combination. I highly doubt he'll leave me an opening to LoSaT my Rippers into his backline (though if he does, I will absolutely attempt to capitalize on it).

My list is the same as my BR against Tzeentch, though I'm wondering if I should bring Doppleganger Cloak on my Slann, as I know he's going to take every opportunity to charge and murder him. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to flood the board with Skinks, but I really don't know! :eek::confused: Could definitely use advice on this upcoming battle.

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Units
    4 x Razordons (160)
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)

Endless Spells
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 61

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Kill before he summons if possible. That is your best and most reliable option. Summon often, your Slann could die on any turn and you don't want wasted CCP.

Wilhelm Stürmer likes this.
  3. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Yup, basicly what I thought. Any preference on an Artefact for the Slann? FEC is melee heavy damage, based on their warscrolls, so it seems like Doppelganger would be better than Ignax. Your thoughts?

Doppelganger Cloak: The bearer cannot be chosen as the target of an attack with an enemy melee weapon unless the bearer has made any attacks earlier in the same phase.

Ignax’s Scales: Roll a dice each time you allocate a mortal wound to the bearer. On a 4+ the wound is negated.

4. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

@LizardWizard Yeah, he's likely going with this list:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
    - Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
    Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
    - General
    Abhorrant Archregent (200)
    Abhorrant Archregent (200)

Battleline
    10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
    10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 48

Which means he will out-drop me... Ho-boy...

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Aren't you only three drops? 1 for the Slann, a second for your Razordons, and a third for your Shadowstrike Battalion? He should be 5 drops. So you have choice of first turn.

Razordons aught to be able to kill the screens and the Rippers can kill at least one of the heroes.

6. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Nope, Didn't take Shadowstirke yet, cause I wanted to get a Slann in. I'll take Shadowstrike at 1250. I'm posting a Battle Report shortly of this game. #youwereright

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'm curious how this turns out, you basicly stand no chance in a straight up fight unless he somehow allows you to summon some big stuff which seems unlikely. Objectives are Always an option, but you know, how effective will that be if basicly every fight you get into you'l be almost guaranteed to lose (outside of some amazing luck, and maybe 1 or 2 matchups like the rippers going first against his squishier stuff).

Minor sidenote, wouldn't it be worthwhile to drop to 3 rippers so you can get the battalion? You're gonna be desperate to do any damage whatsoever, and at least then you're guaranteed they'l make it in range of something, without being murdered by spells (admittadly i'm not too sure about how powerfull his casters are and at least he has no ranged troops)

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

It's like you're clairvoyant! Most of the spells he's used so far have been buffs to his own units and man are they buffs. I don't have to worry about spells and ranged from him, when a big FU dragon can run and charge 30" and has all the saves! :eek:

I didn't bring Shadowstrike at 1K cause I felt it would OP against the other players and also felt the 1K list I am using would be make for good games against the other league players. In truth, it played well against Tzeentch, I just made some dumb decisions.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Well I am very good at reading the plans of the old ones :p

Meh, fair enough, to be honest 1K games seem weirdly unbalanced half the time. Either you bring something that'l annihilate everything or get annihilated in turn.

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

O definitely. I believe GW has even said the game is balanced around 2K? So all kinds of fuckery can happen below that level.

Canas and LizardWizard like this.
  11. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

This battle report to come should be pretty interesting to watch. In all honesty FEC is relatively unknown to me so I haven’t really seen how it plays. They seem kinda scary though :confused:

LizardWizard likes this.
  12. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

All you have to do is look at nearly any major AoS standings. FEC dominates.

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  13. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Well I’m in deep crap. I just recommended my FEC to my brother who is kinda getting into warhammer. Oh dear, I really have messed up.

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Loads of big scary monsters, free summoning for which limit is merely "at most X times per game" which makes their summoning increadibly frontloaded (most factions can't do big summons turn 1, FEC can). Quite fast, they're undeath so quite sturdy (or well, they get back up/heal quicker than they fall). And fairly strong offensivly stat-wise. It lacks shooting though, and using magic offensivly to make up for the lack of shooting means sacrificing (some of) the buffs that make them so immensly powerfull in melee.

Also, I suspect they're perfect for your brother as they don't seem to be too difficult to play. Just a straightforward "buff your guys and throw them at whatever you want to rip apart". So the learning curve isn't going to hold him back either :p

Have fun :p

15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Oh...
    Well....
    I may have a problem here.....

LizardWizard and Canas like this.
  16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Look on the bright side, your brother probably isn't going to get frustrated at getting stomped into the ground the first few times so he's more likely to stick with the hobby ;)

17. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Well, not until I get a dread saurian ;)

@Wilhelm Stürmer I looked over the bat rep. Looked pretty nuts. I think finding a way to counter their monsters is key.

LizardWizard likes this.