1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000 pts Brutalist for tournament

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Killer Angel, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I am going to play a tournament at 1000+1000 pts... it will be 2 vs 2, and my ally will be SCE.

We decided to play a Seraphon army based mostly on CC, to lock down the enemy while SCE rain death with a heavy shooting list.

SCE: something that will involve a Lord Celestant on Dracoth, 3 units of prosecutors w javelins, 2x5 judicators and something else

Seraphon:
    I was thinking to Slann w double teleport, Stegadon, Bastiladon w ark, 2 x 10 skinks, skink starpriest

BUT

now i'm thinking to something more.... BRUTAL.

Slann w Vast intellect, so i can buff with Shield, Curse of fate and Starlight my main damage dealer..
    Dread Saurian
    Stegadon
    2 x 10 skinks

Paul Beenis likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think while the brutal list might be fun, even if it was only for opponents' faces when you play a Dread Saurian in a 1k list, the other one is way less risky and probably more effective.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Good point, and I fear you may me right.
    I will need to speak with my ally to make a decision... ;)

...but all of this will be moot, if the DS I have ordered, doesn't arrive before the tournament! :p

Anyway, the "real" problem with a DS in this specific case, is not that a list with Basti is more effective, but the fact that, if this was a real tournament 1000 vs 1000, I'd play the DS without even thinking. A DS with save 2+, -1 to hit it and healing abilities is HUGE at those few points.
    But playing with allies, my DS could face the combined efforts of two opponents, for a potential of 2000 pts of enemies.