1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 no more friends

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Byron, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Byron
    Jungle Swarm

Byron New Member

So there is a tournament happening soon and I need to win so this is my idea for a no more friend army list

Battalion shadow strike starhost

Ridderdactyl x 2
    Skinks x1
    Skinks x1
    Skinks x1
    Stegadon x1
    Bastiladon x1
    Skink star priest x1

Now I have 260 point left over any ideas as I say I really wanna win this thinking of salamanders or a scar-vet on carnosaur ?

I just feel if I play up against an iron jaw player they will wreck the Skinks and destroy what is ever left over

So any ideas how would you change this ? I have a month before the tournament and want to make an impact I can also have 500 point side board to switch out in between games

Bowser likes this.
  2. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

if you only have three skinks, no wonder they are gonna get destroyed.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

What all have you got access to?

4. Byron
    Jungle Swarm

Byron New Member

Currently I am placing an order so you tell me how I should build this

I have had very bad luck with my Bastiladon as I always seem to roll low for the amount of shots and the 4+ to hit is annoying

Was also thinking of running the thunderous sharhost for the healing ?

One question I have the opportunity to get a dread Saurian are they worth their points ?
    I know a guys selling one so I am keen

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  5. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

At 1500 points neither the thunderquake nor the Saurian will be able to utilized I think ( although @Bowser can tell us since he is using thunderquake long time now )
    Have faith in your Bastiladon. I ve tanked a Maw Crusha (540points orc boss) at 3+ rerollable thanks to a skink priest and in 2 turns he dealt me.. 2 damage.

You definitely need a unit of chamo skinks. Remember, in order to win a tournament you need to play the missions not the opponents' armies.
    Ripperdactyls are awesome but also glass cannon. The 2nd one that will be outside the host will not be of much help so I d suggest you take it out. We are at 1280p now.

Put a skink chief in and buff your Bastiladon to make that annoying 4+ into a 3+

Use the Stegadons' buff onto the Bastiladon. He walks even further ahead in order to be ready and take all the incoming units on AND rerolls 1s.
    Suddenly the annoying 4+ only fails on 2rolls with refillable 1s(Bastiladon has the skink word so both of these are possible, learnt it thanks to our lovely forum ! ) 1340p

At this point I would probably consider a scar vet on cold one to have something that can be threatening with many wounds and fill the rest with a razordon/ salamander - 1500p with

Magic/Mobility/Shooting/Tanking/Synergy and map control. Should be competitive ( I ve never played the 1500 league myself so I may be missing something but I m looking forward to see what the more experienced players have to say )

Remember : Not just orcs, EVERYTHING will slaughter your skinks. But their job is to take objectives and if needed, be sacrificed on a very strong unit to avoid his charge and charge him instead.

Bowser likes this.
  6. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

I've squeezed the thunderquake into 1500pts.

Troglodon x1
    Bastiladon x1
    Stegadon x1
    Salamander x1
    Skink handlers x3
    Thunderquake

Sunblood x1
    Saurus warriors x10
    Saurus warriors x10
    Saurus warriors x10
    Sunclaw

Comes to 1480pts. Works very well in some scenarios, but not so well in others.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Leaders
    Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (320)
    Jade Battlemage (100)
    Battlemage
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - General

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    - Clubs
    - Clubs
    10 x Skinks (80)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

Units

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)
    Bastiladon (300)

Total: 1500/1500

I realize the bastiladon didn't perform for you last time, but with 2 you get a big bad 4d6 two damage attacks at -1rend. Jade battlemage keeps them alive, hurricanum gives the +1 to hit and sends out mortal wounds. Saurus who march gives you a full 10 inches to reach objectives. And when in range of the scar-vet they get the +1 to hit as well, or +2 if in range of the hurricanum as well. Shoot the crap out of the opponent and heal your bastiladons.

scubrat, Seraphage and InfamousBeany like this.
  8. Byron
    Jungle Swarm

Byron New Member

Sound great,I'll give it a bash this weekend :)

Bowser likes this.
  9. Byron
    Jungle Swarm

Byron New Member

Hey guys so I tried the celestial hurricane formation yesterday and dam it did well I still lost but I see where I went wrong

We where suppose to play a second game and try one scubrat suggested but my other opponent didn't rock up so next weekend I'll give that a bash

scubrat, Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  10. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

My list works best with games where in order for an objective to be captured you mustn't have any enemy models near the objective, the bastiladon can do a very good job of stopping your opponent getting points on his own and your opponent might just leave your bastiladon alone, the rest of your army can go round and try to capture other objectives or target the rest of their army.

Bowser likes this.