1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 point list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Teuchter, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Teuchter
    Jungle Swarm

Teuchter New Member

Hi Guys and Girls

Wanted to run an idea for a list past you all to get some feedback. New to AOS after playing Warhammer on and off for a number of years. Started on Sylvaneth this time around, but the dinosaurs are calling!

List doesnt need to be the most competitive and I really want to get some of the bigger dinosaurs into it. Also unsure as to which leader I should make my general in this list. Anyway here it is:

Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    Sunblood (120)
    Eternity Warden (140)
    2x 15 Saurus Guard (600)
    1x 20 Skinks (120)
    1x Bastiladon (280)

Cheers,

Teuchter

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. Tozon
    Saurus

Tozon Active Member

Looks really solid to be honest, a good core for an army.

I don't think anyone knows at the moment exactly what will be competitive, we've basically just received a whole new rulebook two days ago so will require some time.

I'd make the Scar Vet the general and give him "Mighty War Leader" and the "Light of Dracothian" artifact as you have no other magic defence

3. Teuchter
    Jungle Swarm

Teuchter New Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you think it would be worth droping one unit of Saurus guard (15 -> 10) to get a wizard in that case to round it out? Maybe a skink starpriest, with the caveat of "who knows, new book".

4. Tozon
    Saurus

Tozon Active Member

I super rate the Starpriest.

The summon starlight spell is one of my favourite and can stack an even combat in your favour and the Serpent staff ability on the Saurus all helps with tipping the scales in your favour.

On top of this they can Arcane bolt when you absolutely, positively have to get that last wound of a unit.

And if you just need to bunker on an objective you can throw a mystic shield.

Oh and they can unbind.

But then again more models is always good too. Personally I always run a mage of some sort so I'd try that but if you need more dudes on the table try it the other way.

5. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a few pointers based on what I perceive as the general consensus. That said, go your own way, experimenting is half the fun :)

Saurus Guards can be great, but if you face a mortal wound heavy army, say Stormcast, they will eat your saurus guard in 1-2 turns since the guards have very low wounds. Their strenght really comes to play with the Eternal starhost battallion and save buffs. It's a turtle build that's expensive and again, only works if the opponent cant deal out mortal wounds.

A starpriest is always worth taking, it synergizes really well with Saurus, and it provides spellcasting + unbinding.

If you want to go for the bigger dinos, I would suggest building a Thunderquake Starhost, it's packed with big dinos and can be quite competetive if played right.

6. Teuchter
    Jungle Swarm

Teuchter New Member

Sold!

Right now I just need to decide if i can justify buying a new army... this has to be the most logic defying, addictive hobby ever... poor wallet!

cheers.

Tozon likes this.
  7. Teuchter
    Jungle Swarm

Teuchter New Member

Looking at the massive regiment bonus points reduction. I am now wondering about a slight change to the list.

Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Sun Blood (120)
    Eternity Warden (140)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Saurus Guard 2 x10 (400)
    Skinks x40 (200) boltspitters

1500 points

this list lets me take the old blood and makes the most out of the skinks unit bonuses/points reduction, however it dilutes the Eternity Warden/Saurus Guard synergy.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  8. Teuchter
    Jungle Swarm

Teuchter New Member

Thanks for that. I will have a look at those battalions tomorrow.

Lots of food for thought! Much appreciated!