1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 pts - Seraphon Allegiance

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Killer Angel, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, in theory you can have battles of 1000, 2000 or 2500 pts. Weird that the 1500 step was not considered.

However, in my local store you can play battles with the amount of points you and you opponent agreed, and it will be considered valid for the Summer Campaign.

So, I've made a list of 1500 pts, given that today there were a couple of games with that amount.

Allegiance Seraphon.

Eternal Starhost 80
    3x 10 saurus guards 600
    eternity warden 140
    Slann Starmaster 260
    Bastiladon 300
    5 chama skinks 120

1500 perfect!

I was tempted to field 2 sallies, they are deadly beasts, but without handlers it's only range 8".
    This way, I can have a nice shooting tnx to Basti, and the chama will give me some ambush sniping power, which is always good.
    The Slann and the warden will advance in a square formation, 3 sides of guards (save at 2+) and basti on the front side (with mystic shield, save at 2+).

I would be terrified to face such a group... :D

Buldi, dwarfepic and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This is a pretty killer army. 1000 up to 1999 would have the same as 1000 points. You wouldn't be able to take extra heroes. But this doesn't need them. Awesome as it is.

Skorp and Killer Angel like this.
  3. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

Nice, well rounded list. for more points, the I would consider more eternity wardens. this is because that without the ability to have multiple casters putting up the mystic shield on the saurus guard, the eternity warderns are the next best choice, with bonuses to attacks, leadership, and save rolls. So far I like the list! Also an astrolith wouldn't go amiss, but on a budget the army is great.

Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Tnx guys!

A BSB is always nice, but probably with this list is not mandatory.
    it gives:
    bonus to range of spells: but i won't summon, i will cast shield only on nearby units, and so it would work only on arcane bolt
    proud defiance: my guys hits at 3+, and with the Great Drake i will re-roll 1s anyway, so it would work only for natural rolls of 2.

Basically, it gives bonuses, but it's efficiency wouldn't be "optimized". ;)

(Gosh, I'm talkin like a min-maxer... :confused:)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Bowser and Buldi like this.
  5. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

I thought for pitched play you only get one mystic shiel no matter how many casters

6. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

This list looks interesting. Was curious how well it would works scaling down to 1k. The battalion and units alone are 820. What would you do with the other 180?

Also curious how you think this would do against a 1k army consisting of only neferata and morghasts? I know one guy on the store I play at is using that. The morghasts get battleline I guess.

Bowser likes this.
  7. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

Yes, so without being able to spam that, eternity wardens are next best with bonus to save, attack and leadership. More that other heroes.

8. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

I think I might try that in 1k. What would be good options for the rest of the points. More guard? Unit of Chameleons? Two salamanders?

9. Killer Angel
    Slann

o_O
    the list is 1500... with 1k points you would field less units.
    was it a typo? 2k was the number?

10. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

No I would scale to 1k

Eternal starhost 80
    3x10 guard 600
    Eternity warden 140
    So 820 points

Stil have 180 left

11. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

Also the guard are 4+ save. The formation gives another +1. Where's the second one from?

12. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

I like the idea....

...apart from the fact I only own ten Saurus Guard out of that entire list.:meh:

Killer Angel, you seem to have a gift for listbuilding. What about a faster army, like Saurus Knights and Skinks and the Salamanders? What kind of list would you do for them?

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

the guards themselves have the "sworn guardian" ability.
    If this unit is within 8" of any Seraphon Heroes, add 2 to its Bravery and 1 to the result of any save rolls for it

I'll think on it! ;)

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

then pick a Starseer! you need magic, both for shield / bolts, both for unbind enemy casters
    it's 160 pts, so you'll lose "only" 20.
    it gives re-rolls tnx to cosmic herald (re-rolls with just 1000 pts is huge)
    Guards in close combat? Curse of fate is immense when you have saves at 2+.

Trust me, the Starseer is the poor men's slann. ;)

15. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

Cool. I'll try it out. Thanks!

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

I've run that 1500 pts list in one of the general's handbook scenario. Objectives add a huge dimension to the game, and castle tactics are nerfed.
    A block of 3 units of guards, shielding the Slann and the warden, is slow and threaten a small portion of the battlefield.
    In the end, I scored just a minor victory, having destroyed a larger number of points, but as objectives it was a tie, for the aforementioned reasons.
    So, I was thinking on how to improve that 1500 pts list.

taking a 2000 points list, I'd need other 500 pts.
    Possibilities are endless, i could swap the slann for Kroak and add further things, but in the end i decided to think to a single 500 pts block, and here we are, 500 points perfect:
    3 razordons (180)
    3 sallies (180)
    3 handlers (40)
    1 skink starpriest (100)

form a block, 3 razordons in the front row, 3 sallies in the back row, the handlers in the middle, giving bonuses to both the beasties' units.
    The priest will stay behind, in a more secure place. you will have a really strong block, that is fast (move 8") and grants an really heavy shooting phase.
    The Starpriest can not only give a magical support, but will also serve as arcane vassal for the Slann.
    That group can easily control an objective with the style "take me if you dare": would you like to charge 3 razordons with stand and shoot, that probably will be protected by Starlight, and that could have a save at 3+ if the mystic shield has been cast upon them, and not on the basti? (and consider that, even if you effectively cripple the razordon, you'll take the full blast of the sallies)
    All in all, 500 HUGE points, that will give you guaranteed victory points.

Le't say a 1600 pts army. Easy do reduce to 1500, or to expand to 2000

a first block of your fast army list is done: those 500 pts of razor/sallies/handlers/starpriest, will serve you good.

About the other units...
    battleline: 10 skinks (80): chaff unit, that can also control an objective, if under the "umbrella" of your heavy shooting
    Battleline: 40 skinks (320)
    hero-general: skink chief (60)
    hero: Slann (260)
    Behemoth: Stegadon (260)
    5 Chama skinks (120)

You have magic, speed, lots of shooting and also some hitting power.
    For the tactic, take inspiration from this. (the re-roll 1s won't arrive from the formation, but from the Slann's great drake)

what do you think of it? do you were thinking to something different?

Otzi'mandias and Bowser like this.
  17. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

No, not at all. I just wanted your advice on a speedier army, as I prefer to be faster than the average pebble. :p:D

I like it. It has enough speed, strength and shootyness (a scientific term, of course) to win a lot of battles.
    I am surprised at the use of no other Saurus though. I do think that exchanging the Eternal Starhost for the Firestorm Starhost would have likely strengthened the offensive capabilities of the army, but I understand that you want to bunker the slann and it's hard to do effectively and have a lot of maneuverability using so little points.

Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Tnx for the fix. To write in a hurry can lead to... interesting results.:p

Yeah, to protect the slann requires resources, the kind I am not using in this army.
    A simple solution could be to use a warden, but you wouldn't use all the warden 's abilities and that's a waste of points.
    So the idea is to keep the slann in the rearline : he can cast through the priest and the chief and the enemy will be distracted by such a rich target: unless your opponent has some efficient assassin, he will lose time chasing the slann, while the rest of your army wins the battle. ;)

Otzi'mandias and Bowser like this.