1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 thunderbeast host for Tourney!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Moc-Tzen, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Well we will soon have a tournament in my city of 1500 pts! and I am thinking on bringing my starhost there to rock & roll.
    I want the thunderquake host because it seems like a fun army to play and because I want to play nasty! you see, there are a lot of folk that just love to sit back and wait for you to charge at them while they throw spells and do shenanigans. However what they do not know is that I can play their game and punish them even more, here is the list:

ThunderQuake Host of Lord Pepetl!

Engine of the Gods:
    General, Command Trait; Tenacious - for that jucy extra wound.
    Relic: Phoenix feather - to regain 2 wounds each turn, thus turning it into a Tank.

Bastilladon
    Bastilladon

Kroxigors - unit of 3
    Salamanders - Unit of 2

Skinks with blowpipes and shield

How does that sound? Them skinks are to make extra meat shield and distractions, plus if they are nearby the kroxigors then they will help them with the 1 re-rolls.

The strategy consists on pushing and crushing the enemy general asap with double bastilladon, and in case the oponent has an army of sitting back then I can put some pressure into it by anhilating it with my mighty silmarills of oblivion! This goes specifically to a pesky power gamer that plays tzeench and will most definitely use this strategy with a lord of change behind a meat shield of barbarians/marauders.

what do you think?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Fruzzle
    Skink

Fruzzle Member

The salamanders need a team of herders as per the battalion.

Master of defence is probably a better trait, you have 10 wounds, so you're going to probably get at least 2 6s out of it, making it better than tenacious.

I'd drop the crox and get an astrolith banner in there; rerolls to hit on bastil. skins and salamanders is golden.

I'd find a way to get a slann in; almost a must take in this formation ; helps the engine and the healing.

If not replacing the engine with a trog and the crocks with a buff skink buff team (starpriest, priest, chief) will be more usefull

Banner
    EotG
    bastilx2
    hunting pack
    3x 10 skinks
    thunderquake

gets you to 1460.

Soul Zenmuron, Bowser and Moc-Tzen like this.
  3. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Interesting indeed, altought I find this list very vulnerable to close combat as it seems rather squishy. I think I'll fill the points with another skink handlers.

I think I should try this strategy but it does sound like a sound plan to me.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Fruzzle
    Skink

Fruzzle Member

Yes you loose th Krox for combat but the banners re-roll also work in combat. So in range of the banner and engine you'd be abl to get: Re-roll Hit(Banner) Reroll wounds & saves (Formation) And it effectively increases your shooting by 25%.

Soul Zenmuron, Bowser and Moc-Tzen like this.
  5. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Ι couldn't agree more Fruzzle. Master of Defence >> Tenacious any day. I didn't think much of it but ever since I started using it 6 games ago, it is an auto include on my Sunblood of Sunclaw Batallion. Besides the precious wounds being saved, another thing that you might not be realising is that it also a shield - the only one for everything in our army besides Bastiladon - against MORTAL wounds. Go for it !
    And MAKE one unit of 10 to be around Kroxigor, too good to be lost !
    Good luck

Moc-Tzen, Bowser and Fruzzle like this.