1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1500pts Lizardmen civil war

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Anubis, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Anubis
    Skink

Anubis New Member

Hey all, me and a friend of mine are starting a campaign thats going to have a lizardmen civil war aspect to it. Here is a 1500pt army I was thinking about fielding. Let me know what you think.

Heroes: (344)

General: Hoxelcoco
    Saurus scar-vet, Greatweapon, Armour of fortune

Caylx (Beast)
    Skink priest, lv 2

Tallon (Heaven)
    Skink priest, lv 2, dispell scroll

Core: (473)
    25 Saurus warriors, Full command
    12 skink skirmishers x2

Special: (515)
    21 Temple guard, Full command, sword of battle, standard of discipline
    12 Chameleon skinks

Rare: (168)
    Salamander x2, extra handler x2

Best,
    Anubis

2. Obadiah
    Skink

Obadiah New Member

Are the 12x chamo skinks going in one unit? Would it make sense to split them into 2x units of 6x?

Is there a reason why you aren't taking a BSB? I haven't seen many of these in Slannless lists and I didn't know whether I was missing something? Perhaps someone can enlighten me!

Otherwise I quite like the list.

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Balanced list, but I cannot overemphasize how much you need a BSB.

I would advise giving your Skink Skirmishers javelins and shields. That will give them a large close combat edge and a minor shooting edge against blowpipe users.

In a LM mirror matchup, I think 12 Chamo Skinks would be good. They aren't going after war machines and the like, they are probably going to be going after fellow units with Skirmishers. Packs of six would have trouble taking down a Salamander in one volley.

I would consider boosting your Skink units to 13 each if you can squeeze the points out of somewhere, but that's a small thing.

4. wildfish09
    Jungle Swarm

wildfish09 New Member

good list. imma try it to

5. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Even in groups of 12, i think chameleons have trouble taking down a sallie in one volley. Do not know how good sallies are in civil wars, i guess they do eat other groups of skinks for breakfast if they can get in CC, after all, eating skinks is the sallies specialty.

You do not have a lot of Skinks, so i think you should give a BSB to your Scarvet and make one wizard the General. I personally dislike the armour of fortune, it seems the basterd son of Gamblers en Destiny. It is not as cheap as Gamblers, Gamblers has the added benefit of giving us the coveted Heavy Armour we normally cannot get, and if you really want to invest in defense, why not get the better value proposition, Destiny. Just a personal taste.

6. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Or let me calculate my earlier statement, 24 shots, hitting on 6's, so 4 hit. Randomized 1.5 go to skinks, who do not die from it, so you should look to kill the sallie. 2.5, on average you make at least one 5+ save, so the beast is still alive with one wound left, on average, and on average one skink does die. It does do a number on a sallie, but on average it also does not kill a full wound sallie.