1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1500pts Vs Empire 9th rules / 9th magic lores

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by skink chief, Sep 22, 2015.

?

What list seems to be the best choice?

1. list 1 *Full Skrox/ SW / 1 Sally / Tetto bunker*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. list 2 *2 Krox / SW / 2 Sally's / Tetto bunker*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. list 3 *Tetto in Skrox unit / TG / 2 Sally's*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. list 4 *2 Krox / TG / 1 Sally / Tetto bunker*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. extra list bottem page!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

Hi all,

I've got an upcominig encounter vs an Empire list of 1500pts.

My main goal is to test some units out that I haven't used before and to check the 9th age rules and lores.
    We will however not use the 9th Army books, since we feel they are unfinished.

So what am I trying out?
    - Skrox unit
    - Ripper unit
    - Tetto' Eko

For Tetto I'm hoping my opponent grants me 3 spells. Explenation on this: In 9th loremaster changed to *the wizard can choose he's spells* where it used to be *the wizard know all the spells of that lore*.
    So since Tetto is a lvl 2 char, taking 2spells when he used to be able to take 7 is a biiiiig hit. With 3 spells I feel I'm ok with him. The spells I'll be taking: signature spell, comet spell and chain lighting ( if she brings no heavy armoured troops) or Thunderbolt (if she does bring something like knights of inner circle).

So here we go:

List 1:
    Heroes:
    Tetto'Eko
    Skink Priest lvl 1; beasts; dispel scroll
    Scar Vet; BSB; shield; Armour of Destiny.

Core:
    19 Saurus Warriors; full cmd
    Skrox unit of 24skinks and 3 Krox; banner; musician.
    14 skink cohort ( Tetto bunker)
    10 skink skirmishers; javs & shields
    10 skink skirmishers; javs & shields

Special:
    6 camo skinks
    4 ripper riders

Rare:
    Salamander + snack

So in this one I got a good size Skrox unit. These will be fighting the heavely armoured stuff. It is my first time using a skrox unit, they should be able to beat 8 Inner Circle knights if need be (maybe hold up 10 of them).

List 2:

Heroes are the same.

Core:
    19 Saurus warriors; full cmd
    Skrox unit of 20 skinks and 2 Krox; banner; musician
    12 Skink cohort ( Tetto bunker)
    10 skink skirmishers (J&S)

Special
    6 camo skinks
    4 ripper riders

Rare:
    Sally + snack
    Sally + snack

Here I have 2 Salamanders to fry things up at the cost of a krox basically. This makes my Skrox unit less effective, and I don't really know what they can do with 2 Krox in there... ( since I don't realy know the unit). They might be able to go even vs 8 inner circle knights I guess?

List 3:

Heroes are the same

Core: 380pts*
    Skrox unit of 24skinks and 2 Krox; banner; musician

Special
    18 Temple Guard; full cmd; banner of swiftness
    5 camo skinks
    4 ripper riders

Rare
    Sally + snack
    Sally NO SNACK!

SO here I basically have to run Tetto in the Skrox unit. I don't really know if this is a good thing... The Skrox lose 1 Kroxigor, so again the effectiveness in CC kinda worries me...
    2 Sally's again but 1 Sally has no snack and I've had to trim down the camo's from 6 to 5 models. Temple Guards replace the SW.

List 4

Heroes are the same

Core:
    Skrox units of 24 skinks and 2 Krox; banner; musician
    13 skink cohort ( Tetto bunker)

Special:
    19 Temple Guard; full cmd; banner of swiftness
    5 camo skinks
    4 Rippers

Rare
    Sally + snack!

So I lose 1 Sally to the previous list, but I do gain a bunker for Tetto. Again The Skrox unit has only 2 Kroxigors though. Temple guards in the army.

>Let me know what you think. Give me some insight on how to use the Skrox unit efficiently. :)
    > one question: A Krox is 2 skink bases does this count as 2 Ranks?

Edit extra option:
    List 2 => but add 4 skink cohort to skrox unit and 1 krox. Lose 1 of the skirmishers! Ive got everything I want exept for TG!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  2. rantapanda
    Kroxigor

rantapanda Member

There is no tetto eko in the 9th age rules at this time : / Had a 1250pts game against empire just a few days ago. He had one volley gun. and plenty of fire magic.
    IT DESTROYED MY FACE :D I had vanguards and scouts. No avail. I got my but handed to me. I had no aswers for the gun nor could i stop all the fireballs cast towards me.
    My idea is to get amber spear with two skinkpriests. and shoot the machine from a distance, if my skinks cant get it. Nope. didnt get it xD
    Also their fast cav shooters are crazy nowdays too.
    I could have had a chance if id manage to destroy the warmachine. So take note, you need to dispose it if you wish to win.

3. skink chief
    Kroxigor

Yes I know, but like I said. We are not playing with the new army books yet.
    As for a volley gun... well everyone knows they are painfull to deal with. If I can get it to only shoot me if it throws a 4up for 1 of the 2 or 3 rounds I'm not in combat, that will help me. Then I got camo's and rippers to hopefully take it out :).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  4. skink chief
    Kroxigor

I'm in a knot with this. I really want to take the 3 krox. I really want 2 salamanders. I really don't want tetto in a skrox unit but in he's own bunker aaaaand I would really like the TG because of better armour vs shooting ansd their swiftnes banner.... help me out guys!

Maybe I should take out 1 of the skink skirmisher units.. but that leaves me with only 1 redirecting chaff option...