1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1750pt dracothions tail

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Stega, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Stega
    Skink

Stega Member

Hi all,

I've got a tournament coming up next weekend at 1750pts and I'm putting together a list for it. I wanted to do something a bit different as I've run skink heavy lists for most of my games before, with shadowstrike and thunderquake my most used ones.

I've got a test game this weekend against a buddy who plays beastmen, and I wanted to get some feedback on what you think about the list I've put together.

Allegiance: seraphim
    Realm: ulgu

Heroes:
    Slann: general - 260
    - great rememberer
    - incandescent retrices
    -meteoric convocation

Saurus scar veteran on cold one - 120
    - sword of judgement

Saurus oldblood on carnosaur - 240
    - doppleganger cloak

Skink starpriest - 80
    - mystical unforging

Saurus astrolith bearer - 160

Battleline:
    - saurus knights - 80 x 3 = 240

Artillery:
    - salamanders x 3 = 120

Behemoth:
    - bastiladon w solar engine - 280

Other:
    - skink handlers - 40

Battalions:
    - firelance starhost - 150
    - dracothions tail - 80

Total: 1750/1750

The idea here for me is to keep one unit of knights, the scar veteran, oldblood, starpriest and then one other unit up in the heavens. Give the other player turn one and make sure my slann is nicely hidden away for that turn. First turn of mine teleport the slann and bring down most of the units depending on what I see before me. Use the scar veteran to hunt their heroes with the sword of judgement and buff the saurus knights, and use the carnosaur to go for their monsters and use doppelganger cloak to make the most of his attacks. Summon some skinks from then on to spam objectives and use the salamanders for a bit of fun. Just have to hope he doesn't kill my slann with his cygor.

What do you think about it? All feedback and criticism welcome.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I like the list.

You should consider trading Sword of Judgement on the ScV Co for the Betrayer's Crown. It is a once per game nuke that is great at thinning a horde unit.

3. Ustyk
    Cold One

Ustyk Active Member

I would remove skink handlers and add bwv
    You dont need them as long as you got Astrolith bearer or constelation or comand ability.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Ustyk
    Cold One

Ustyk Active Member

I would remove skink handlers and add bwv
    You dont need them as long as you got Astrolith bearer or constelation or comand ability. Also razordons.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Stega
    Skink

Stega Member

This is the list my mate is taking on sunday. I'm looking a bit thin on the ground now...

unfortunately I don't have any endless spells models, something I'm looking at in the future though. I use the handlers because I like to keep both them and the salamanders in reserve and teleport them 9 inches away from an enemy before melting them. only 8" range normally.

Attached Files:

6. Stega
    Skink

Stega Member

I played at the weekend. Damn those artefacts are effective. I got first turn and teleported my bastiladon close to his sky skyfires. Using that and the old bloods gauntlet wiped them out 1st shooting phase, to his shock. The SVCO inflicted 6 MW on his beast lord before he could attack and the carnosaur tore apart his cygor.

I actually lost because I just went hell for leather and killed loads of his stuff but he played more tactically, holding objectives and burning then before I could push him off.

Doppleganger cloak was useful but I think I'm going to take a different list next time, maybe drop the cloak or the retrices, I'm not sure.

Ustyk and LizardWizard like this.