1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k,1.5k,2k on a budget

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jbird460, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Jbird460
    Saurus

Jbird460 Member

So I am just starting in age of sigmar and im buildings my army on a budget. I have a start collecting box and an extra unit of knight and starpriest to make this list.

Skink Starpriest (100)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - General
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)

5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Lances
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs

Firelance Starhost (60)
    Total: 980/2000

What would be a good way to build off this. I was thinking a Bastiladon 2 salamanders and swaping out for and oldblood on a carno. To put me at 1.5 then beefing but my saurs to 30 adding 10 Chameleon skinks. To 2k for a final list of.

Skink Starpriest (100)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    -General
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)

30 x Saurus Warriors (300)
    - Clubs& spears
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Lances

10 x Chameleon Skinks (240)
    2 x Salamanders (120)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)

Bastiladon (300)

Battalions
    Firelance Starhost (60

This would be run with the kingts and sracvet and groupe to apply presure take objective and be flexible. Then i will have plenty of shooting from the blasti and the salamanders sitting behind a big hord of warriors. The carno would be able to hopefully deal with other big models or be a threat they have to focus. The Chameleons to shoot and assassinate big threats or buff centers. Please let me know where so tweaks could be made. Thanks!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think you have a good handle on this. You have some good builds, ans a good idwa of how you want to play.
    When in the budget pick up a starseer, an engine and a second bastiladon. Then look into a battlemage and possibly a celestial hurricanum.

3. Jbird460
    Saurus

Jbird460 Member

Haven't actually played my first game yet but i have thrown myself heavy into the theory and stragey of the game. I have been looking at a way to squeeze a startseer in there. I was thinking drop a unit of Chameleons and handlers and that would be enough. I am afraid that 5 Chameleons would not be killy enough to be a threat. Is there a magic number for them or is it up to you.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

5 chameleons will pack enough punch for low wound heroes like wizards. 5 Chameleons combined with Rippers in a shadowstrike can take out most things. Either way I would drop the second unit of handlers, and 10 of the saurus warriors and throw a starseer in there.

m0gstar likes this.
  5. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

Definitely does sound like you have a solid game plan. I'd second Bowser's opinion to fit the starseer in there. An engine of the gods kit will allow you to convert both a skink chief and a skink priest if you leave the main model off the top of the stegadon. Three models in one kit is pretty handy for budget stuff. And stegadons are pretty cheap on ebay.

If you do buy a kit though make sure it has all of the bits and or is new in box.

Bowser likes this.
  6. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

You underestimate the power those 5 little chams hold. The ability to blink in and out makes them insanely hard to get rid of. As well as they have the potential to erase even the scariest of monsters in a single turn. Last game that I fielded my chameleons I ended up shooting a hellpit abomination to death in one turn, had it comeback to life and then shot it to death again the next turn, had it come back AGAIN ,and shot it dead for a third and final time before it actually stayed dead .

Seraphage and Bowser like this.