1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k army v nagash

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by John1974, Oct 17, 2018.

1. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

Im looking at vs a friend thats going to use nagash in a 1k battle, I've never played against nagash but i know he's a pain to kill.
    So im looking for a 1k army that would be good at taking nagash down.
    Would we still be looking at a shadowhost battalion and dropping 6 rippers on him and just pray you take him out. Im not sure it'll be enough rippers are fantastic but they have no rend to dampen that 3+ save he has

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I have killed Stardrake in one turn with a Shadowstrike using 6 Terradons. So yeah that could work against Nagash as well.
    It still requires some luck for the mortal wounds to get through, and if he positions Nagash cleverly (bubble-wrapping him in Skeletons or so) your chances are slim.

Same for Rippers.

Although.... what the hell is that guy playing?
    Nagash is 800 points, so basically the only thing he can do is place Nagash plus two minimum sized Skeleton Warriors or Zombie units and maybe an endless spell and that's it.
    I am fairly confident that even with Nagash's power there are 1k lists that can kill him as soon as he fails one or two of his casting attempts.

John1974 likes this.
  3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

This is pretty much win or lose list, but if it works, it will do the job. You have 3 drops, so you are going first or second, if you wish.

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices

Battleline
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Units
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    4 x Razordons (160)

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 84

In short, razordons and 40 skinks clear the screen and ripperdactyls eat nagash. You need to roll 3+ to teleport razordons in range, but they will surely get rid of skeleton/zombie screen, so rippers have place to strike.

TheCrux and John1974 like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Alternatively, just kill the few units that come with Nagash, and use your troops + teleport to take objectives. Nagash can take only one.
    Just be careful to grave sites, so he can't bring back dead units.

John1974, LizardWizard and Nart like this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I say just ignore Nagash. Keep you Slann out of LoS so he can't get spell nuked. Swarm the objectives with more than he can kill. I wouldn't worry about him being able to resummon the same 10 skeletons.

Alternatively, you can definitely Shadowstrike him down. At 1k your oppenent doesn't have the ability to bring any of the Morghast to pass off wounds too.

John1974 likes this.