1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by thinlizzy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. thinlizzy
    Skink

thinlizzy New Member

Hi guys,

I played the following list last night and was wondering if there is anything I can tweak? My main opponent will be Nurgle going forward.

1 x Slann Starmaster
    1 x Oldblood - Carnosaur
    1 x Bastiladon
    10 x Saurus
    5 x Saurus Knights

Nothing too fancy, just need some tips.. It felt like I needed more bodies on the field at the end of the game.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

The oldblood and Knights seem a bad fit, I would drop them and bulk out your warriors and make more use of the summoning available to Seraphon.

What other units have you got available?

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices

Battleline
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    - Spears
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)

Endless Spells
    Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 65

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I agree with @Crowsfoot. Saurus Knights only really work in Tail of Dracothion Battalion. You also need to have MinSU of 30 Saurus Warriors to make them effective and 40 if you are committing to a Sauruscentric army. One thing to consider is that Putrid Blightkings will rip though Saurus Warriors. So if your oppent is running a mortal heavy Nurgle army then you might want to go the Skink route and skip the warriors. If you go Skinks then you ought to grab an Astroligh Bearer as well. The spell help and Conjurations points are awesome, but Proud Defiance makes skinks very killy even without running them in MaxSU.

If you really just like Saurus then I would recommend something like this:

Realm:
    Ghyran

Leaders:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer

Saurus Sunblood: (120)
    -Artifact: Ghyrstrike
    SkinkStarpriest (80)

Battleline:
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    - Spears
    10 x Skinks
    -Boltspitter & Starbuckler

Units:
    3x Razordon (120)

1000/1000

I think you can get more out of three Razordons and the additional support heroes than you will get out of the Bastiladon at 1k. Summon Starlight will nuter the Blightkings exploding 6's. The razordons will have a lower potential damage, but are more consistent. At only 1k points you can not afford to have a bad shot count roll for your bastiladon on an early turn of the game. You can also jump the Razordons around the table via Lords of Space and Time to snipe off some his supporting heroes. If you are able to buff up the Saurus warriors with Summon Starlight and the Serpent Staff plus debuff their primary target with your Sunblood then you should be able to outlast the grind of Nurgle and summon more than he can deal with. Something to be aware of is if your oppenent takes Rustfang (Rotbringer artifact that gives bearer: target unit within 3' of bearer becomes -1 to save for the remainder of the game. you cannot pick the same unit more than once) your saurus will just melt.

Also, imagine a Sunblood with +1 to hit & wound.

Hope this was helpful.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

1k needs 2 battle line, limits leaders to 4, and 2 for behemoths. slann and OB are 2 leaders, Carno and Bast are 2 behemoths 10 warriors and 5 knights are 2 battleline...

what am I missing that makes it illegal?
    clarification, im not questioning the strength of the list I agree with your suggestions... I just clearly am missing something that makes it illegal

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

No your not, I keep forgetting it’s only 2 battleline for 1K, DOH!

ILKAIN likes this.
  6. gmoney
    Saurus

gmoney Member

@LizardWizard wow I just did the math and on average 3 razordons do as much damage on all save levels as 20 chameleon skinks. Are chamo skinks really that bad? I was planning on using 20 chamo skinks in 1k and 2k but they don't seem worth it right now. All I have left for damage are 6 rippers and an oldblood on carno T_T

7. gmoney
    Saurus

gmoney Member

Y'all got a 1k that can build into shadow at 2k?

8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Chameleon Skinks are pretty solid. The nice thing about them is that they can teleport around on their on own. It makes them very strong in Shadowstrike because you can LoSaT your 40 man regular Skinks, camo drop your Chameleon Skinks, and deepstrike your Rippers all on the same turn. It basically lets you choose which parts of the enemy army you want to extract.

A 1k Shadowstrike Starhost might look something like this:

LEADERS:
    Skink Starpriest
    (80)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact : Light of Dracothion

UNITS:
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    40 x Skinks (180)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    30 x Skinks (240)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

BATTALIONS:
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)
    TOTAL: 960/1000

Your list will be a single drop and at 1k you will likely have first turn. With that first turn you should be able to alpha strike most of the enemy army off the table. Make sure you place your Skink Star priest in such a manner to afford you line of sight on your primary targets. You will have no summoning to rely on and will have to develop strong objective tactics and learn how to optimize your attack distribution. This list the epitome of glass cannon. You have 40 points left for any Endless Spells you fancy. I would look at either running Aethervoid Pendulum or brining both Quicksilver Swords and Malevolent Maelstrom. You could also take a Balewind Vortex, but I don't how much your Starpriest would get out of it. Other than being taller for LoS for the Shadostrike Starhost buff. Alternatively you could take a Razordon or Salamander, but then you will be a two drop army. I think the Endless Spells are a better pick for this reason.

9. gmoney
    Saurus

gmoney Member

@LizardWizard Glass cannon. I wasn't expecting an actual shadowstrike but more of a mixed list (i.e. I love my slann even in 1k) that can be built towards a shadowstrike in 2k but this lists looks like it can work. As a side note, what are your thoughts on rippers outside of shadowstrike?

10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I rather like Rippers. Mostly I summon them. If you manage to summon them turn one with either EoTG or with Kroak/slannado then you still get to place the Bloat Toad. They are also strong to set up on their own as flanking units. Frankly Rippers are just better cavalry than Suaurs Knights.

Lizard_Lad and ILKAIN like this.