1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k p multiplayer battle T&T

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by emee, Mar 24, 2019.

1. emee
    Jungle Swarm

emee New Member

hey :)

soon i will play a triumph and treachery match (new rules). number of players will be 4-6. enemy armies mostly unknown. a khorne player and a sylvaneth player will be opponents for sure.

rules are: T&T match, no realm, 1000p, border wars
    i have a large range of miniatures to chose from; so summoning or switching my list wont be a problem

since you cannot interact while being the neutral player and easy-to-kill-skinks just feeds your enemies my setting prefers cavalry. guards just shine while playing 1500p+ matches and skinks will make your enemy target them for points, so saurus look like an alternative.
    more flexibility will help a lot and when not using a full regiment of warriors, knights seem to be better. (same amount of attacks, +2 movement and -20p when it comes down to lifepoints..)

my planned list:

Slann Starmaster, 260p, general, great rememberer, incandescent rectrices

Engine of the Gods, 220p

Astrolith Bearer, 160p

5 Saurus Knights, 90p
    5 Saurus Knights, 90p
    5 Saurus Knights, 90p
    5 Saurus Knights, 90p

the main idea behind this is mostly lurking and beeing open to a lot of possibilities. i picked an astrolith bearer for a chance of 24 CP in R2 and/or this extra squad of skinks to defend my base. also an EotG for the extra summoning or D6 mortal wounds and having a behemoth unit for the extra impact on intruders.

i know this match is controlled by a tiny amount of dice rolls and the choice of the starting position.. but with a double LoSaT and a big choice of possible summonable units there will be chances to turn the tide into my favor with some moves they wont expect. at least i hope so :)

opinions?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

You list and plan sounds good. If you have some Razordons then I would drop a few Saurus Knights to bring them.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Agree, a bit of shooting would be nice to have.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. emee
    Jungle Swarm

emee New Member

thank you for your advise. i have three razordons ready. so it will be 990p.

Slann Starmaster, 260p, general, great rememberer, incandescent rectrices

Engine of the Gods, 220p

Astrolith Bearer, 160p

5 Saurus Knights, 90p
    5 Saurus Knights, 90p
    5 Saurus Knights, 90p

2 Razordons, 80p

well, i did not play that many games with my lizards so far. concerning the Celestial Points..

what about summoning another EoTG for 18P? its round 2 movement phase and i miss 2 phases of Cosmic Engine.. worth?
    Rippers also.. i read it like you dont get blot toads because of not beeing able to be on the table in R1 herophase. still worth setting them up later?

saturday evening this event starts. confirmed is so far: stormcast eternals, blades of khorne and swifthawk agents.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I tend to summon often and cheaply. In some chases where I am winning the early game and not in need of support I will hold onto CCP so as to make better use of if when it is needed.

Here are the units I summon the most in order:
    • Skinks
    • Chameleon Skinks
    • Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    • Skink Starpriest (if Slain)
    • Rippderdactyls (if i already have a Bloat Toad)
    • Terradons
    • A variation of Carnosaur
    • Bastiladon
    • Engine of the Gods

6. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I recently watched a T&T battle report. The Seraphon player fielded an Eternity Warden, who saved the Slann a couple of times before both could teleport away. In fact the Seraphon force was Slann, Eternity Warden, Guard, and Salamander (which I would probably turn into a Razordon). Just something to consider. Good luck!

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. emee
    Jungle Swarm

emee New Member

chamelion skinks? i have 15 of them. but their special movement takes a round to switch positions and you have to summon them into a terrain feature. okay. but if i do this they always get grilled by some mortal wounds etc..
    and teradons? they seem to be a bit underpowered to me. i know this is not the place to discuss this, but pls explain or send a link. since they cannot attack in the same phase they got summoned i feel like there are stronger picks!?
    and i dont get this bastiladon thingy. its just 8LP. nice defence okay, but a carno for the same amount of CP seems to be way more effective to me because of stronger meelee attacks. and even bought by points i could take a carno and a razordon. its a must have?

8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

To make use of summoned Chameleon Skinks you need to plan one turn in advance. Them no longer being able to be summoned into ambush was a big nerf. Even then they are still perfect for tying up enemy shooting as they can ambush into combat. Chameleon Skinks can do some damage, but that is not why they cost 120 MPP. It is because they can enter into combat without having to charge. Most players tend to place their shooting on terrain which makes Chameleon Skinks even more effective at tying up shooting for a turn or two.

I summon Terradons when I need to get past enemy lines of threaten a line breach. Terradons are fast and can fly. Their base profile is better than a Ripperdactyls. So if I don't have a toad, but need something fast with fly then they are the units I choose. You can frequently force an enemy to engage your Terradons to prevent you gaining access to their backfield. That means those same units which engaged my Terradons had to give up attacking something else for 1 turn or avoid scoring an objective for one turn.

The Bastiladon will be able to shoot the turn it come into play. Thus there will be a higher chance of getting immediate use out of it than a Carnosaur who will need to make the charge. However, if you have cogs on field and turned to speed up time then you dropping combat oriented units can be much more effective. They are also rather resilient and are great at blocking paths through the battlefield due to their base size.

The are only three units from list of things I often summon that are intended to remove enemy units from the table. Most of the time my concern is centered on creating space and delaying enemy movements. Frequently I don't have to kill a unit if I can delay it for a turn.

Wilhelm Stürmer and emee like this.