1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1K points Escalation league week two

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ILKAIN, Jul 18, 2018.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

So this week is a standard 1000 point vanguard game, with no malign sorcery/endless spells and no named characters over 250 points. Since this precludes Kroak our only named, I'm not so worried about it. the plan is for basically all in summoning. The mission is Knife to the heart. the prospective list I'm going to be running is:

Hero's:

260 Slann (general, vast intellect, incandescent rectrices)
    220 EoTG
    160 Astrolith Bearer

Battleline:
    100 10x Saurus Warriors (clubs)
    100 10x Saurus Warriors (spears)

140 3x Ripperdactyls (to guarantee at least one toad on board for possible EoTG summons

wounds 52
    no extra CP or battalions

Thoughts?

2. Sedraxis
    Skink

Sedraxis New Member

Depending on the crowd this may be a really scummy thing to play. Our local escalation leagues are meant to guide new players and bringing this amount of summoning into 1k points is near impossible to deal with for most armies.

It all depends on your local meta of course.

3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

My meta is a Tzeench player that needs to be brought down a few pegs, 3 death players that like to argue rules that don't exist because this is sigmar and they are stuck in fantasy, 1 death player that is new, one deepkin player that is super competitive, one daughters of khaine player that is a super bedroll lawyer as we say in the military (nitpicks wordings and typos in the rule books to try and gain advantages) and a Chaos player that is relearning the game.

I have absolutely no intent to play this list against the new Death player or the chaos player. im only half a jerk lol

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

I'd swap the Saurus for skinks at the least, and probably cut the Astrolith for more bodies. It will buy you time to summon more units onto the table without falling behind in objectives, and you'll have better mobility. Summoning is great and all, but you'll be on the back foot from the start with the current list, so it can be punished by alpha strikes. Vs any fast lists or lists with a lot of shooting, your current list will likely have some trouble.

You could get 50 skinks, a razordon or salamander, and a Geminids (Some mortal wounds in case you need them) in place of the astrolith and saurus.

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

No endless spells allowed this week if escalation.