1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k Starborne list?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Grotpunter, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Got a couple of 1.000 pts. games this weekend with my mates and cant really settle on a reasonable Starborne list. Feels like it is really hard to fit in all the juicy caster synergy in such few points.

Anyone got experience with 1.000 pts. games or been toying with lists?

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Dracothion's Tail

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (320)
    - General
    - Spell: Mystical Unforging
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
    - Artefact: Godbeast Pendant

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)

Units
    12 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Bound Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (70)

Total: 970 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 51

2. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

1000 is difficult for star borne, in my opinion there is no need for that astrolith in your list, having + 2 on 4 casts is more than enough in a 1000 point game. id leave him out and take 2 more units of skinks, even leaves you points for a command point. That or put in a starpriest so you can arcane vassal kroaks spells.

3. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Yeah it is rather difficult to make a magic list at 1.000 pts that makes sense. If I was to play 1.000 pts. seriously I would probably take 2x3 Salamanders, loads of Skink screens and then Starseer + Priest + Maybe Starpriest. Not sure I would bother with a Slann or Kroak at such few points.

I took the above list to fight a mate with his 2 Stonehorn + 2x2 Mournfang packs. It was half a table, no objectives and just straight up kill fest just to put some models on the table and have a little bit of fun in the light of this COVID situation. Kroak won the game just barely after having underestimed just how far Stonehorns can move (his 12" charge didnt help). 3x Celestial Deliverance + Geminids was a lot of MWs despite Stonehorns having a 5+ FNP. I can only imagine it against a Chaos Daemons!

Tav likes this.
  4. Trashmoutarde
    Jungle Swarm

Trashmoutarde New Member

Kicked hard Lord of Nagash and Tzeench at 1k with a starborne list like this (see below). At 1k it is really hard to play full magic or summoning, but to play full skinks buffed to the bones harrassing, running and shooting, shooting at charging ennemies AND escaping ennemy charge, with 4+ saves, and doing shitloads of mortal wounds worked good for me ;) tons of bodies to take objective and I was even able to spread them over LoN gravesite to cancel him summoning whole units back :)

upload_2020-6-13_20-26-41.png

Attached Files:

Grotpunter likes this.
  5. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

I guess that is blobs of 30 Skinks and not 3x10? I would personally prefer blobs of 40 for maximum value. I also really like the trait on the Priest so you can use his CA for free once a turn. Effectively you get 2 CPs a turn which is super value considering no other reliable way of generating CPs at such few points.

Im playing in an escalation league (400/800/1200/1600/2000) right now and looking into how to maximize damage output at low point levels. I was really hooked on big blobs of Skinks when the book dropped, but honestly I feel like Salamanders just outclass them. For Skinks to work you need to invest into alot of support heroes. 1 Starpriest is 1,5 Salamanders. Salamanders just work even when “naked” (aka for buffs), although a lone Priest is great for them, but not “needed”.

Trashmoutarde likes this.
  6. Trashmoutarde
    Jungle Swarm

Trashmoutarde New Member

I only have 1 salamander and handlers and i don't like to field it as it is quite an easy target alone by itself.

I hesitated between 2x40 skinks + 1 salamanader or 3x30 skinks... and went with 3x30 for versatility and total body count. I liked that it offered me the option to buff 30 skinks and deepstriking them if needed to take down heroes while the other 2x30 reach for objectives with their respective priest/starpriest.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020