1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st LM Conversion

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Okopipi, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Okopipi
    Saurus

Okopipi New Member

Okay, it's not much, but it's an idea I had while working on my Saurus. I don't want dedicated Musicians so I wanted to make removable instruments; this is the first step:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/Ezekiel_Carter/lmmd01.jpg

I chopped off the bulky Saurus arm that was hugging the drum and then shaved off the sides till it smoothed out. I was either going to use the shoulder or the bracelet as a way to hold a strap I'm working on, but the wrist/bracelet doesn't survive the process as intact as the shoulder. I also wanted to ensure however I chose to attach a strap could easily be redone with thread in the future after painting.

P.s. Using /pic makes this hosted image appear very large.

2. n1ghtl1fe
    Skink

n1ghtl1fe New Member

Sounds like a good idea, after all what good is a troop with just a drum in close combat.

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I don't really run into this problem, since I run my Saurus units 15 strong 90% of the time, and the box comes with a handy 16th Saurus, allowing for a replacement if I don't want to include a Musician. That's a pretty good idea, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the end result.

A note on [pic] tags: the admins have configured it so that it re-sizes images to be 600 pixels wide. This was done in an attempt to reduce the number of massive images scattered around the forum, but they did not forsee the issue of pictures smaller than 600 pixels being re-sized as well. I would expect a solution is being worked out.