1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2.0 Thunderquake

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Xasto, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Hey Y'all

Took this list to a friendly match yesterday where we were both testing new stuff, ended up winning by the end of Battleround 2. My opponent played a Maggotkin list with a bunch of plaguebearers, a 9 man plague drone squad wich he was buffing to hell, and a couple heroes including a GUO.
    Here's the list, it's a pretty straightforward Thunderquake.

Slann Starmaster (260)
    -General
    -Command trait: Arcane Might
    -Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices

Engine of the Gods (220)
    -Artefact: Shyish's Ethereal Amulet
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    30 x Skinks (180)
    -Boltspitters and shield
    10 x Skinks (60)
    -Boltspitters and shield
    10 x Skinks (60)
    -Boltspitters and shield
    2 x Razordons (80)
    Bastiladon (280)
    -Solar Engine
    Bastiladon (280)
    -Solar Engine

1 x Troglodon (160)
    Skink Handlers (40)

Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Chronomantic Cogs (60)
    Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Thoughts:

Wanted to try out the reworked Arcane Might command trait, turns out it is really good! Cogs are just so versatile they were an auto include. I think the geminids are one of the most powerful endless spells and I was not dissapointed as they kept on debuffing the big plague drone unit. Bastis were doing as well as you'd expect them, especially vs chaos daemons. First turn Engine summoned 20 skinks, which helped even more to block movement from my enemy. By the end of the game, I had wiped out the whole plague drone unit and 20 plague bearers, and he had killed about 30 to 40 skinks. He just couldnt get near me and I shooted him down to pieces.

Troglodon didn't have time to do much, but I really waant to try and include him now that he's gotten a bit down in points and his unbinding became much more potent. He also represents another threath which can divert attention from the thunderquake.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Aginor, Crowsfoot, Nart and 1 other person like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

That's a nice list and I reckon Thunderquake is my favorite atm just love all the big dinos.

Arcane might does look really strong on paper and I think EotG is really strong this edition probably my favorite unit atm.

I always find the GUO very easy to deal with when we play he is just too slow.

What would you change if anything?

Xasto likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Nice report!
    When I read your list and saw two Bastiladons I knew the Deamons were in trouble. :D

Xasto likes this.
  4. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

TBH I wouldn't change anything as of yet, this was too much of a beat down to really analyse much, take for exemple the Troglodon. Still don't know if he's worth something as he didn't have time to do anything.

I do plan on making Thunderquake work, as I see a lot of potential in it, especially when you consider that almost every single unit in it got a buff, one way or another. Also the point reduction on the batallion itself is nothing to laugh at!