1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age 2.500 Light Lizardmen Army

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by DonCheadle, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DonCheadle
    Skink

DonCheadle New Member

Potentially heading to a tournament next weekend, I've played this list once before, it's incredibly versatile and has a lot of internal synergy, that being said I don't know what'll happen once the pieces fall apart.

Lords:
    375pts - Cuatl Lord (Lore of Light, BSB - Banner of Discipline, Obsidian Nullstone, Unconquerable Will, Wand of Stability)

The general, the leadership bunker and overall caster, as would be expected from a Slann. The lore of Light gives a lot of possible answers as well as buffs. Shield of Protection nearby our Stegs and Bastiladons grants good protection against War Machines, Net of Light locks down Deathstars, Time Warp bubble is incredible not only with Saurus but with the Skinks on the Howdahs. The wand of Stability has good synergy with Unconquerable Will and I always dig MR to disincentivize casting damaging spells on my TG bunker.

Heroes:
    285pts - Saurian Veteran (Carnosaur, Armour of Destiny, Shield, Lance)

Carnosaur being a M.Cav instead of a monster is definitely an interesting change from 8th. Scary offensive-wise with pretty good survivability (1+ 4++).

125pts - Skink Priest (Lore of Wilderness, Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll)

Ideally I'd get the Redwood Shaft though the raging Storm looks sweet as heck too. A basic Scroll caddy, no surprises here.

Core:
    410pts - Saurian Warriors (30, Spears, UC + SB)

A Saurus block. Quite a big one at that too. When receiving buffs from the Basts it becomes quite a nasty combat block.

215pts - 3x Skink Braves (10/10/11, Musician)

Skinks. Most people prefer skirmishers, but I actually dig the rank and file troops more (perhaps I can't be bothered to move every single skink, who knows.

Special:
    260pts - Thyroscutus (Snake God and Sun Engine)
    Here's where it gets interesting. Both units provide combat buffs to improve both TG, Saurus and who really benefits from having poisonous attacks, skinks. Now, while I don't intend to have my skink blocks in combat much, the Howdah Skinks can really mess up someone's day once they've dipped their spears in poison.

300pts - Temple Guard (20, UC +SB)
    Slann blob, plain and simple. Not the biggest unit really, but it doesn't have to be.

Rare:
    250pts - Taurosaur (Ancient, Giant Blowpipes)
    I'm a bit torn on the blowpipes really. On the one hand they're as amazing as ever when you get into range, but on the other at 12" it begs the question whether or not I'd really rather charge the unit I'm shooting at.

280pts - Taurosaur (Ancient, Engine)
    The other piece of ranged protection. Placed amid my monster menagerie the additional 5++ makes shooting at the Dinosaurs difficult.

And that's my list. I'm pretty open to change most things, though I don't have any fliers available to me (as has been stated the plan is to stop missile fire rather than kill war machines). I also don't have any Jungle Swarms at hand, although I reckon I could makeshift some over the course of the week.

Any advice is welcome.