1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 Point List First Attempt

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by nfrey, Oct 12, 2016.

1. nfrey
    Jungle Swarm

nfrey New Member

So this is my first time posting as well as my first attempt at a 2k list. I was just curious about overall viability, not so much catering to any specific matchup.

Leaders:
    Slann (260)
    Eternity Warden (140)
    EotG (240)
    Skink Priest (100)

Units:
    Saurus Guard x10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x10 (200)
    Salamanders x 2 (120)
    Skink Handlers x 3 (40)
    Chameleon Skinks x5 (120)

Monsters:
    Bastiladon (300)

Battalions:
    Eternal Starhost (80)

I took the idea from killer angels previous 1500 list and tried to bring it up to 2k while still keeping that overall defensive heavy play style. The idea was to maintain the square formation with slann, guard, and warden for the +2 save. I then planned to flank the front sides with the bastil and EotG, leaving the mystic shield on the bastil (+2 save). Lastly I wanted to have one salamander on each side (with the handlers ,2 and 1, near both for the range increase) providing additional flank support for any unwanted cavalry units attempting to out maneuver. Again this is my first attempt and I apologize to killer for the blatant plagiarism (it was just too good to not try) and any advice or comments would be great!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This looks like a competitive list. Tough to kill and great for taking objectives. Engine will be fun remember you roll 4 and choose 3 when he is near your slann. Which means if you want to take a lower number you can. If you get the model or are able to convert one I would put in a starseer and drop the salamanders to really up the combo and chances of that dreaded extra turn. Curse of fates and rerolls. With a potential for three turns in a row you will lose all your friends! ;)

Xillan likes this.
  3. Xillan
    Skink

Xillan Member

New around here too, but I agree with Bowser mostly. I use starseer in all my lists now because the re rolls are critical for making sure bastiladon's 2D6 attacks doesn't end up with 2-3 attacks, and to help make sure the priest can get his celestial rites, so basty & others gets to re-roll save rolls.

Often I use the re-rolls to help my salamander gets his hits/wounds as well, as I have nothing else with -2 rend, I find sally's attack is very important for big scary things with good saves.

Ninja edit: I dropped slann from my lists and replaced with starseer, slann is great for your EotG though, but I found him to not be worth the cost on his own.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Bowser likes this.