1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 points army list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Teheloqtec, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

Hello fellow lustrians!

I was inspired by @InfamousBeany and wanted to do a 2000 pts army using:
    1 Oldblood on carnosaur
    1 SV on carnosaur
    1 Saurus sunblood
    1 SV on cold one
    1x10 Saurus Warriors
    1x10 Saurus Warriors
    1x10 Saurus Warriors
    Bloodclaw starhost
    1 Skink starpriest
    1x5 Chameleon skinks
    1x5 Chameleon skinks
    1x3 Ripperdactyl riders
    Shadowstrike starhost

So far that's just 1800 pts, I also have in my collection:
    14 skinks
    1 Engine of the gods
    2 Skink priests
    1 Slann Starmaster
    2 battlemages

What would you suggest to complete the 2000 points army?

I'd like to keep the hunting party (2 carnos and SV on CO) as well as the versatility of the shadowstrike starhost with chameleons, but I'm open to suggestions.

InfamousBeany and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Battlemages! Or a battlemage and a skink priest. But Jade and amber battlemage is probably how I would go.

Teheloqtec likes this.
  3. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

I'd love to do that, but the hero cap at 2000 points is 6 and I already have 5, that's why it's a tough decision. I might include a battlemage and throw in a unit of 10 skinks to serve as a meatshield, but I'm not sure if that's the best idea for this list

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Oh my mistake. I would add the skinks, they give a bit of extra shooting, and are a perfectly serviceable meat shield. And having the Jade battle mage to heal up heroes just makes them that much harder to kill.

Killer Angel and Teheloqtec like this.
  5. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

Sounds like a plan! Thank you for your advice :)

Bowser likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Bowser was right. With the models you have, the best thing is a battlemage and 10 skinks :)

Teheloqtec and Bowser like this.
  7. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Woo, nice to see someone else also digging the hunting party!

I also fell into the trap of hitting the Hero limit in my list, its just so difficult fitting all these cool models into one list...

Bowsers advice is real solid, the Jade battlemage is just so good for this list (invest in making yourself a Balewind vortex- being able to heal your heroes up from 36" away is absolute madness!), although I would probably err more towards bulking out one of your units of Saurus by 10 models than taking standard skinks, personal preference.

An alternate take would be to drop one unit of Cham skinks for a unit of normal skinks (saving you 40 points) and using the rest of your points on an engine of the gods. My gut feeling is that the Jade battlemage and second unit of cham skinks are just too good to pass up, but this may still be worth testing out.

8. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

Thanks, I'll definitely try it out!
    And just out of curiosity, if I had access to any models, what would you suggest?

I know, I'd love to include both battlemages just like in your original list, but I'll guess that will have to be in open play. Including the Engine of the gods seems like a very interesting choice, I'll test it out and let you know how it goes!

Bowser and InfamousBeany like this.
  9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Probably another tenth of saurus warriors, to have a main unit of 20 guys, instead of skinks (i love skinks, but you may need a more resilient melee unit to buff with the oldblood or the sunblood)

Or I'd go without the sunblood and the additional saurus / skinks, saving 220 points: 3 salamanders and handlers: burn baby burn!

Bowser and Teheloqtec like this.
  10. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

They only think u can do is remove sv on cold one, or u ruin the battalion formation, but u dont want ( and u right,this list seems so fun)
    So u can try to play 2 salamander+ handle imo for a tot 1960..idk if 2 sally are enought .. U can test it:)

11. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

I was in a massive time crunch to get to the game store to play against my usual dwarf opponent, so I came onto the forums to find a list (i like to play something radically different every time) and came across this one. I filled the remaining points with 3 salamanders without handlers for a total of 1980.

His list was something to the effect of:

Dwarf lord
    Dwarf BSB banner guy
    Dwarf engineer
    Slayer champion guy
    15x slayers
    10 warriors
    10 longbeards
    20 thunderers (2x10)
    3 cannons
    1 grudge thrower

We ended up with the escalation mission type which was a first for both of us. In the end thanks to some really crummy artillery rolls. my old blood on carno was still alive at the end of 5 rounds - it was a pre-christmas miracle.

Victory points ended up 8 to 6 in my favor at the end. Interesting list to play with the mission type - very thankful for the mobility and surprise placements from the shadowstrike starhost. :)

Still absolutely hate cannons (3+ rerollable with engineer to hit 2+ to wound -2 rend D6 damage) but was a fun game to play regardless!

Teheloqtec likes this.
  12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Cannons have a to hit 4+... with this list, they can have a +1 tnx to the Lord, but the target must be within 16" from the Lord itself.

13. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Dwarf cannons tend to fall easy prey to the Shadowstrike! But they can be quite devastating.

Teheloqtec and Killer Angel like this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Absolutely yes!
    3 cannons that hit at 4+ rerollable, and 2+ to wound, means on average 4-5 successful shots. With rend -2, a carnosaur is going to suffer on average 4d6 wounds in the first turn, so we're talking about 14 wounds.
    Seraphons' lists don't always have the shadowstrike, but should include at least one unit of chama skinks.
    My favourite target is usually the engineeer, that got just a 5+ save and doesn't have cover even if near the cannons because he's not part of the crew... kill him and all the warmachines will be seriously crippled.

15. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

Yeah opponents plan was just cluster 50 guys around the cannons making them near impossible to get to. Chameleons helped me on whichever objective I got murdered off of. I like the ideas of trying to kill the engineer, would certainly help a bit.

16. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

And thanks for the +1 within 16 of the Lord thing. That may have been an oversight on our part, so will have to look into that!