1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 2000 points Lizardmen Vs Dwarfes

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by stiggie, Feb 21, 2009.

1. stiggie
    Jungle Swarm

stiggie New Member

[

2. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Those wounds on your Stegadon probably shouldn't have happened, as it isn't legal to direct any sort of fire at models in hand-to-hand including template weapons like cannons and stone throwers.

It is possible for models to be affected as normal if the template weapon happens to affect units in hand-to-hand combat, but rules-wise this can't be your intent. Much in the same way you can't point a cannon at one enemy unit and hope to bounce the cannonball to a juicier target behind the valid target.

3. stiggie
    Jungle Swarm

stiggie New Member

you confused me for a minute then lol.. noo

the ancient stegadon was in combat but the engine wasnt til the turn after?? he fired at the engine lol which took off 4 wounds and then my engine charged his slayers.

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Just so you know dwarf Thunderers the guys with rifles cannot move and shoot in the same turn. Good job with the win, let you friend know slayers never pay off, better to go with ironbreakers or hammerers and your protectors, they will survive longer and likely deal more damage as well.

5. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Ah, my bad then!

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Hammerers win out every time for me, since they are always stubborn. Just make them immune to fear and terror so they don't autobreak, and you're all set. Ironbreakers are ok, but stubborn is way better than +1 armor save.

7. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I agree 100%

8. nyyman
    Skink

nyyman New Member

I don't have my rulebook down here, but I thought that you can't cast Unseen Lurker on Stegadon? Is it the spell that lets you fly or was it the one that just lets model go supa fasta? I'm not sure...
    Anyway, great job handling the Dwarfs. I have never won them in "real" battle, onlky drwas and loses. Way to go :D

9. Kingin
    Skink

Kingin New Member

No thats steed of Shadows, and if he casted that the caster or a SINGLE INDEPENDENT CHARACTER gets the fly, no mounts or anything.

Unseen Lurker is make 8" move for free and if you hit a enemy unit you charged.

If its different then the old rule book, really don't think so, please tell me but if not there you go!

10. Aren
    Saurus

Aren New Member

Actually, I believe this isn't strictly illegal in any way. It is not illegal to overshoot, even if its clear that a player's intentions is to shoot at target behind the "official" (and not within LOS). You can complain about it as much as you'd like, but the player has done nothing wrong according to the rules, even though it is bad sportsmanship.

Sad, but true.

11. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

You must actually try and guess the range to the unit closest, so lets say one is about 26 inches and the other is like 40 you must make a guess that's reasonable. Although if you make a reasonable guess and it over shoots that's fine. So if you guessed like like 18 inches at the 26 one and rolled a 10 making it 38, then 2 or whatever than thats fine.

However as the stament made previously this is more sportsmanship, and I don't think you'd get kicked out of a game for doing it, unless you made obvious ridiculous guesses,

12. Kingin
    Skink

Kingin New Member

Well if you play in a Tournament and the person keeps doing it to you every turn, you just give them low comp or people scores, so they won't do well. If they do this in a regular game don't play them, or you can do something that they have and do stuff like that back to them.

Also if there is a unit and a unit behind the 1st one and the 2nd is in combat but he overshots it and hits the 2nd in combat don't they not get hurt? I would say they don't cause they in combat. Also people who cheat like that, know they are wrong unless a player who played for about 2 weeks or less then a year or so, and I've seen people get kicked out of stores.

13. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

yeah i've "accidentally" lobbed a rock to far a few times

14. Aren
    Saurus

Aren New Member

I totally agree with you all that it is very bad sportsmanship.

However,I must still insist that it is not against the rules, unless you can quote it from the rulebook for me. Yes, if a player is doing it constantly you can almost be sure that the player is doing it on purpose, but its not illegal, 'cause there's no rule against it in the rulebook.

15. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I agree I can't find it, though I was sure it was in there, maybe it was a 6th addition rule. Anyhoo, I don't think you should do it it feels cheap.

16. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

the gamers i've always played are rule book junkies so if it's not in the book then it's not illegal I guess I just kinda got used to playing that way I do see your guys point but if your used to it like I am you really don't even think it's bad sportmanship I just see it as bad formation's or setup on my part but to be back on point you can point at your intended target and guess whatever range you want although they are usually on a hill so they can choose freely anyway but remember they CAN NOT blind fire there has to be an intended target