1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 Points Semi-Casual Tournament List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by InfamousBeany, Apr 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Hello you lovely lot, I'm entering a local tournament in a few weeks time that isn't set to be particualrly cut-throat, so I thought I would stray away from my usual list building and trying something more fun.

The aim of this list is to be as aggressive as humanly possible. Through doing so, I am commiting some cardinal sins- no magic, little shooting.

I can justify (to a degree) these omissions through the concept that games will be ending so quickly (one way or the other) that magic wouldn't really get a chance to shine, with only two or three spells being cast. The lack of shooting is mitigated too by the fact that I am going to be positively hurling my army up the board towards my opponent, targeting key units right from my first turn onwards.

So, enough faffing around, the list:

Seraphon:

Bloodclaw Starhost 100

Oldblood on Carnosaur 320 - Leader

Scar-Vet on Cold-One 100 - Leader

10 Saurus Warriors 100 - Battleline
    Clubs

10 Saurus Warriors 100 - Battleline
    Clubs

5 Saurus Knights 120
    Lances
    Sub-Total: 1040

Stormcast Eternal:

Hammerstrike Force 120

Prosecutors w/ Hammers 100

Retributors 220
    Star Mace

Protectors 200
    Star Mace
    Vanguard Palladors 220
    Javelins

Liberators 100 - Battleline

Sub-Total: 960

Total: 2000

The general game plan would be to use the three slower units to inexorably march towards objectives, while I tie up (and/or kill) the core of the opposing force with the hyper aggressive package of Bloodclaw heroes with a single unit of Knights to min/max the Scarvets' command ability stacking, along with Palladors that can launch themselves 6D6" in a single direction ignoring enemy models or terrain while doing so, and my Prosecutors that can make my Paladins deep strike into combat.

Outside thoughts would be greatly appreciated, remember that I'm not looking to be hyper conmpetitive, just try something a bit different- let me know if you have some cool ideas that are a bit unusual, I'm open to totally changing up this list.

On another note, I'm up seeing family in Nottingham in two weekends time, if anyone wants to drop by and have a few friendly games at Warhammer World, let me know!

2. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

What's the date you're in Nottingham? I have next week off work (Easter?) so could potentially arrange a day trip!

As for the list... I feel like the lack of shooting is going to hurt... I'd also go knights over warriors if possible and firelance starhost for that sweet sweet movement increase.

InfamousBeany and Bowser like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Oh @InfamousBeany damn you we usually go Warhammer world in October!

And that list looks fast and furious!

InfamousBeany, Bowser and Ritual like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I do like that hammerstrike, combined with the bloodclaw should be a blast. Nothing but moving in and rolling the dice! Alright a bit more than that, but sounds like a fun list to play, both with and against.

Crowsfoot, Ritual and InfamousBeany like this.
  5. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

@Ritual I'll be in Nottingham on the 14th/15th!

To address your points, I was contempplating going pure Seraphon for more knights as battleline, but the Stormcast add too much to this build to drop unfrotunatel. I feel one unit of Knights is innocuous enough to get into combat, where those extra bite attacks will do some work.

The firelance was also another thing i had considered, but it would leave me without any battleline locked up in formations, which is important to me for max value.

@Crowsfoot Disaster! It would perhaps be fun to have a Lustria Online Warhammer World meetup one day...

@Bowser That was the intention- I want it to be a fun game for both me and my opponents. The Stormcast really add a lot to complement Seraphon, particulalry with their formations and new units. One day I will fit both a Bastiladon and Stardrake into a list...

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Sounds like a plan we usually go 1/2 term in October and me and Archie spend a full day there usually just watching and browsing the gallery.

7. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Cool, I'll broach the subject with the wife tonight and see if I can take a trip up. Either day preferable for you?

Definitely up for some kind of L-O meetup there later in the year too if we can organise a suitable date!

InfamousBeany, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

One day I will fit both a Bastiladon and Stardrake into a list...

Sounds like a plan !

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Last year there was an event all weekend so we need to check whats available closer to the time, WW calendar only shows 3 months in advance.

10. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

@Ritual I imagine I will be there mostly on the Friday, but I can be flexible!

I think we try and make this a thing, it would be nice to perhaps hold a super casual fun tournament in the summer some time- it would be great to chill with some of you guys and talk lizards!

To return to the list in question, if I were to go heavier on the Saurus Knights (and by proxy, remove the Stormcast contingent) what would be best to fill the void? I'm tempted to play around with EOTGs and fish for extra turns so I can cycle my knights easier...

Crowsfoot, Bowser and Ritual like this.
  11. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

The calendar shows some kind of event on over the easter weekend... I don't know how/if booking tables is a thing, but could be busy being easter?

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  12. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

I've emailed them to see if we can reserve a table for the Friday, wife is surprisingly on-board and wants to come along too. Maybe cos I promised her a night away up there.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  13. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

They actually got back to me pretty quickly - table booked for 10am on 14/4. That work for you?

Crowsfoot, InfamousBeany and Bowser like this.
  14. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

@Ritual I shall do my damndest to be there on time, if I'm running a tad late I'll drop you a PM on here to let you know beforehand.

I look forward to grabbing some games with you!

Bowser, Crowsfoot and Ritual like this.
  15. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Excellent, we can grab a game or two then I can drag my wife around the exhibition halls, never been before!

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  16. Crowsfoot
    Slann

There is a travel lodge that is about 5 mins from WW by car or 25 walking, we stopped there it was ok, if your driving there is a industrial estate near that has 10 pin bowling, or just goto the pub next to the travellodge.

Nottingham Riverside https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/161/Nottingham-Riverside-hotel?rooms[0][roomId]=azicfq6qnrf8er&rooms[0][adults]=1&rooms[0][children]=0&rooms[0][extras][0]=

The exhibition is well worth the money.

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  17. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Ha, great minds - that is the place I was looking. My wife, however, is trying to hurt my wallet slightly more.

Not like we're in the process of buying a house or anything grumble grumble

18. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

@Ritual Looking forward to having a game or two tomorrow, couple of things:

1. You ok if I try the above list out?

2. I might be a tad late to the table, going to be sampling some of Bugman's wares with my folks first :D

Seraphage, Ritual and Bowser like this.
  19. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Sure, I think I've got to let them know I'm there at 10 regardless so I'll be floating around.

Go for the list, I'll see what I've got with me to make the 2k, it won't be particularly impressive though!

Bowser and InfamousBeany like this.