1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 Points with Engine of the Gods

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Iskander, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Hey folks! Last minute, but 'ere we go: I'm going to a tournament this Saturday, and I'm taking my Seraphon for the first time (my one prior tourney I went as mostly free peoples). My list is below. I don't have time to paint bases on much beyond what you see below. So, I'm not looking for advice on what to take instead. Rather - I'm looking for feedback on what you think the strengths and weaknesses of this list are. (Side note: I know my Skink choices are weird - they're leftover from 8E, oh well...) I'm not expecting to win much, just to take some cool models and put on a good show.

Like, if you were saddled with this list, what would you try to do with it? If you were fighting it, how would you proceed? Thanks for your time! ^_^

Allegiance: Grand Alliance Order

Battleline:

Skinks x10 (javelins & shields)

Skinks x10 (javelins & shields)

Skinks x10 (blowpipes & hand weapons)

Leaders:

Slann Starmaster (General, Reckless, Talisman of Blinding Light)

Skink Starpriest

Engine of the Gods (also a behemoth)

Eternity Warden (obstinate blade)

Behemoths:

(Engine, noted above)

Bastiladon

No Role:

Ripperdactyl Riders x3

Temple Guard x10

Battalion:

Shadowstrike Starhost

Summoning Pool: 260 Points

Things I'm taking as summoning options:

Saurus Astrolith Bearer*

Scar-Veteran on Cold One (for the Three Places of Power scenario - ideally to drop on an objective in round 1)

5x Saurus Guard (for other scenarios, if summoning near the Warden)

10x Saurus Warriors (for other scenarios if summoning far from the Warden)

*This guy is in the pool so I can try to have him plant the banner forward of the deployment zone in Round 1. I don't know if that's a good idea or not, but it seems better than having his re-roll bubble stranded in the backfield or losing time with the casting bonuses.

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

First I would change the ability. Reckless would be better for a more aggressive general. I would give him Tenacious or Master of defense. If you rolled it randomly then not much you can do. I would think of adding an eternity warden to your summon pool if you can. A spare is always handy.

Secondly this is a well thought out list, and I think you will do well.
    The astrolith coming in and planting along with a scar-vet on cold one or guard to take an objective is brilliant. You have great board coverage, so make sure you make the most of your blot toad. This can give you even more board control. The bastiladon should be able to hold an objective or a unit until support arrives, and the additional shooting will make a difference. Don't over extend your skinks, keep them in a place where they can run from safety or hold an enemy for the charge of your guard or rippers. Don't plp the rippers down without an out. If you can get them in range of your target and another unit they could easily charge if you get the double turn. Good luck in this tournament!

Seraphage, Iskander and Lorrec like this.
  3. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Thanks Bowser! ^_^ I'll keep your advice in mind and think about the command trait.

Bowser likes this.