1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 tournament list, dread saurian

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Lucas CBR, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Lucas CBR
    Skink

Lucas CBR New Member

Hello
    I'm looking for ideas for 2000p list for next tournament, I expecting to face a lot of nasty monsters so I want to take dread saurian (last time he eat archaon without any problem) , other from that I usually playing with thunderquake starhost and didn't lose single game with them. But i'm not sure what to do now, because of dread saurian I had to drop slann starmaster. thats my idea, please comment and give me ideas

thunderquake starhost 120:
    bastiladon solar 300
    bastiladon solar 300
    engine of the gods 240
    razordons 60
    skinks handlers 40

ethernal starhost 80:
    ethernity warden 140
    saurus guard x3 300

dread saurian 400

total 1980

I may switch one bastiladon to stegadon to add one more razordon (or 2 salamanders) or put 3 kroxigors instead of razordons and skink handlers.... so many options :( please help

thanks

Bowser likes this.
  2. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

how engine summon work now .. im pretty sure you have to pay reinforcements points to use her ability... is engile still good or not ? xD

3. Lucas CBR
    Skink

Lucas CBR New Member

summoning not working at all (you need to leave some points in reserve to use it) but engine can deal a lot of mortal wounds, but never used it without slann

Bowser likes this.
  4. Lucas CBR
    Skink

Lucas CBR New Member

new idea

Dread saurian 400

thunderquake starhost 120:
    stegadon 260
    bastiladon solar 300
    troglodon 200
    razordons/salamander 60
    skinks handlers 40

ethernal starhost 80:
    ethernity warden 140
    saurus guard x3 300

skink starpriest 100

total 2000p

what you guys think?

Bowser likes this.
  5. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

I think no worth play 3x5 guards for battalion..if you wanna play thunderquake ( one of best battalion for seraphon) focus your attention to it.
    If you want dread saurian i would play like that

Dread saurian 400
    Thunderquake 120
    2 bastilodont 600
    Troglodont 200
    1x3 razodont/ salamander ( i can say salamander , in this list -2 rend can be strong) 180
    Handlers 40
    2x10 skinks 160
    10 guards 200
    Skin priest 100

You can but guards champion as your general:)
    Troglodond is nice vs light armour units, dread saurian with shild can be strong vs hight armour . Use skinks to def objective and guards to def(if you need or assault)
    You got 2 bastilodont and 3 salamanders to support with shoot :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  6. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Looks like an interesting list Lucas, I don't know why Tizianolol, you think 2x10 skinks and 10 guards and two extra salamanders/razordons would be better than the eternal starhost, I like the idea of the eternal starhost Lucas, strong formation, will be tough to kill and do some damage. I would possibly drop the skink starpriest and add another 5 guards to one unit, you'll probably do more damage with them than the starpriest.

Bowser and Lucas CBR like this.
  7. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

First of all we apre speaking about 3x5 guards..i this game there see tons of mortal wounds and 5 guards are not so solid..put 2x10 skinks = more models low cost
    2 more salamander with battalion got sustain (d3 heal) and they can be better melee too
    But the bigger change is bastilodont and not stegadont( i think stegadont is worst monster we got)!!

scubrat likes this.
  8. Lucas CBR
    Skink

Lucas CBR New Member

without slann its just 1 wound heal, i thinking about skink starpriest because of arcane shield, my troglodon may be main target for enemy who know how to break thunderquake starhost

Tizianolol and Bowser like this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like the list with the eternal starhost. It gives you a lot of playstyle options. You could always do Thunderquake with engine and 2 bastiladon, a Slann, 2 units of guard, 1 razordon with handlers, a unit of skinks and add the dread saurian. You roll 4 dice and choose the three, so you can usually avoid summoning. But I think the Thunderquake and eternal would work well together.

Tizianolol likes this.
  10. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

ye i think if you want thunderquake , put slann. if not i suggest you to play bastilodont and salamander because they are so good in seraphon lists xD

Bowser likes this.
  11. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Have you ever thought about scaling down your Dread Saurian and using a Scar Vet on a Carnosaur? These extra points let you run something like this:
    Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
    Skink Starseer (160) (for roll manipulation and mystic shield)
    Engine of the Gods (240)

Units

Razordons x 1 (60)

Skink Handlers x 3 (40)

Knights x 5 (120) (Objective grabbers)

Skinks x 40 (320)
    -Boltspitters & Star bucklers

Skinks x 10 (80)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)
    Bastiladon (300)

Battalions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Total:2000/2000

I haven't played a ton of competitive matches, but I know bubble wrapping and larger units of troops are important. Especially when playing different missions. If only you could fit in a Slaan....

Your thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Bowser likes this.
  12. Workschmock
    Saurus

Workschmock Member

Hi there,
    My ideas (though i've never been to a tournament)
    List 1: Everything hiding behind two bastiladons advances towards the enemy (starseer and kroak buff their saves, priest gives rerolls) Kroaks snipes Characters and mortal wound dealers with comet and deliverance when closer. Troglodon threatens incoming CC Units. The three behemoths heal D3 Wounds each turn but it's vital to kill Everything with mortal Wounds, since rend and normal wounds will do nothing against your bastiladons. Either you go close and f*** up your enemy with dual Sotek Bastis and celestial deliverance or you keep your distance with comet and dual Laser.

2nd List: passive aggressive Kroak dwells behind scenery with his 4 bearers guard, sitting on his balewind vortex and making your enemy cry through his celestial deliverance with a range of (3xD6 + 32)x2 inches... Starseer pushes Kroaks damage output to the limits. What do you think?
    In both cases skinks take objectives.

Attached Files:

Bowser likes this.
  13. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

The 2nd one might work if you protect the skinks. The first one could but only in a couple of scenarios. There are 2 that the objectives are 4, 1 that are 3 but you need hero within 3" to take that you 'd have some serious trouble as a blob moving around I'm afraid. It would be fine *although not sure if enough to win - definitely enough for a tie and then countdown to points* for Gift from the Heavens where each player controls 1 objective that randomely drops down at 2nd round and the the 1st mission where each 1 controls one from the start !

Bowser likes this.