1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000pts Dracothian's Tail feat. Shadowstrike

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ChapterAquila92, Aug 3, 2019.

1. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Heyo! ChapterAquila92 here!

After much reading into tactics using the stegadon, ripperdactyls, and general list-building using Dracothian's Tail as of late, I've put some thought into a potential list combining all three at 2000pts through Battlescribe.

Please note that I haven't assigned any artifacts to the list yet, as I've yet to decide which I should take. Ghyran has been my realm of choice for my Seraphon lists, but I'm open to alternatives.

Dracothian's Tail
    Slann Starmaster (General)
    Trait: Great Rememberer
    Spell: Stellar Tempest​
    Firelance Starhost
    Saurus Scar-Vet on Cold One

Saurus Knights x10
    Celestite Lances​
    Saurus Knights x10
    Celestite Lances​
    Saurus Knights x10
    Celestite Lances​
    Shadowstrike Starhost
    Skink Starpriest
    Spell: Claws of Glory​
    Skink Skirmishers x10
    Boltspitters and Star-Bucklers​
    Skink Skirmishers x10
    Boltspitters and Star-Bucklers
    Ripperdactyl Riders x6​
    Stegadon
    Sunfire Throwers

Endless Spells
    Balewind Vortex​

Extra Command Points: 0
    Wounds: 126
    Leaders: 3/6
    Battleline: 5 (3+)
    Behemoths: 1/4
    Artillery: 0/4
    Allies: 0/400

As befits the theme of a Dracothian's Tail warscroll battalion, my focus for this army is a strong alpha strike with anti-horde capabilities, as well as a means of reducing how much my initial deployment telegraphs my intentions to my opponent. If pressed, I could pursue summoning with the slann, but I don't want to rely on it with this list.

Thoughts? Queries? Concerns?

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Dracothion's Tail Shadowstrike is the list I bring most often to Tournaments. The build has a lot of great tools available to it.

I recommend using Ulgu for your realm. Betrayer's Crown on a ScV Coldone can make for quite a missile. Sword of Judgement, Miasmic Blade, Doppleganger's Cloak, and Spell Mirror are all excellent.

The list greatly benefits if you can fig Cronomatic Cogs in my experience. I think it is worth reducing some of you knights to include it.

Here is how I run the battalion if you are interested.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  3. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

I could see about exchanging 5 knights for the cogs, although speeding up time isn't what I usually think of declaring when it comes to using them. It doesn't help that the general strategy that I've been learning from my opponents up to this point has been one flavour or another of "focus-fire on one target before moving on while minimizing your own losses", but I'll see what I can do with it.

I'll likewise give your recommendation of Ulgu a shot. I tend to go for Ghyran in large part because of Ghyrstrike, but I've heard plenty about how much Seraphon lists in general benefit from using Ulgu artifacts, and it's been a while since I last considered going for it.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Who do you usually put the sword of judgement on? We don’t really have people with super high numbers of attacks.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Normally on a ScV Carno.