1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2000pts skinks on parade

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by jgadams19, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jgadams19
    Jungle Swarm

jgadams19 New Member

hello all, been fantasizing for a long time about running a full skink list, the competitiveness may be lacking but it should be a lot of fun, just wondering what the forums thoughts on this might be

used some interesting guidelines-8th edition rules (local favorite), 25% lords and heroes, only skink characters, magic item type must be available mundane for characters

skink chief-la, sword of might, enchanted shield
    skink chief-shield, bsb, glittering scales, talisman of protection
    skink chief-spear, terradon, egg of quango, charmed shield
    skink chief-spear, la, shield, terradon
    skink priest-beast, lv 2, dispel scroll

30 skink cohort-poison, 2 krox, standard, champ
    30 skink cohort-poison, standard
    10 skink skirmish-javelins

11 chameleon skink
    6 kroxigor
    ancient stegadon

comes in at 1999/2000, my initial thoughts were it may be a little too much for an opponent to handle for this points size because of the amount of drops, there are few heavy hitters in this list, I ran a very friendly skink army my last battle and opponent dropped a frostheart phoenix and lord on dragon leaving me very stressed, there are few tools to deal with combat lords or deathstar lists which is what I see most often, all c and c welcome :)

2. themuffinman873
    Chameleon Skink

themuffinman873 Member

Perhaps another priest of beast to help you get amber spear. The price for a second priest is steep though.

3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

What if you get a bastiladon with solar engine?

themuffinman873 likes this.
  4. themuffinman873
    Chameleon Skink

themuffinman873 Member

That is a great idea.

Looking at your list again I would say you have a lot of heavy hitters (8 krox and a steg), but you are pretty hard pressed to protect the krox. If you are worried about monsters, get sharpened horns, and keep your steg positioned for the counter charge. Also, you could consider putting your BSB on the steg, giving it an 18" range. I don't quite understand the final stipulation from the original post. Do you mean you can only use a magic item if it is in the core rule book? (ie, no army book items).
    Oh and you should probably split the chameleons into two units. Just about anything that charges them will kill them, so you want to spread out your eggs to two baskets and you will be able to pull more skinky hi-jinks. Also, that is just one more drop to ruin enemy vanguards with.

5. ZeTe
    Saurus

ZeTe Member

in my opinion the list looks tight , as i have also had the same dream of a "skink wreaking ball army" a few things i would have changed if i was doing it would be to drop all the skirmishers and make the 2 cohorts 24 strong with 3 krox each w/ FC and poison attacks to make the core, us the points from the skirms to make either 2 10 man chame squads or 3 5 man squads, add a bastilabomb and if there was a enough points to work with get some rippers/terradons (i would prefer ripz over terraz just personal preference)