1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age 2016 points Tournament list - Monsters!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Haemoglobin, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Here goes:

Lord:

Saurian Ancient
    T-Rex
    Flaming Aura of the Ancients
    Beast-Bane Halberd
    Staff of Mending
    = 475

Skink High Priest
    Skink Palanquin
    LvL 3 Lore of Light
    Tome of Arcane Lore
    = 210

Hero:

Saurian Veteran
    BSB
    T-Rex
    Armour of Destiny
    Halberd
    Shield
    = 320

Core

10x Skink Hunters
    Javelins & Shields
    = 90

10x Skink Hunters
    Javelins & Shields
    = 90

27x Saurian Totem Warriors
    Full Command
    Icon of the Relentless Company
    Spawning of the Triceratops God
    = 386

Special

Mace-O-Saurus
    Sun Engine
    = 130

5x Chameleons
    = 60

Rare

Triceratops
    Ancient Triceratops
    Godly Engine
    = 255

Total points = 2016 (hitting the 2016 mark = +2 VP :p)

More Monsters! I've been looking at the spells for the Path of Light and man there are some good ones in there. It might be tough getting them off because of the high casting cost and only having a lvl 3 though. The plan is having the Totem Warriors act as anvil while the monsters hit the flanks. Tried to make up for their low speed by including the triple march banner. I do have a feeling that I am not bringing that much to the table. I'm used to having a bunch of Rippers in my dual Carno (well more like Dual T-Rex) lists, but I do want to try out how the Godly Engine works. The 6++/5++ vs ranged is pretty Godly alright! I am hoping that the Godly Engine, together with the reduction in power of Cannons and new LoS rules can mitigate ranged damage.

A big downside is that the tournament I would be attending is 3 battles which can be heavily influenced by banners:

Scenario 1: side with most banners within 6 inch from the middle of the board is awarded 200 VP
    Scenario 2: every banner in opponents deployment zone awards an extra 75 VP
    Scenario 3: following VP are awarded (instead of regular Seized Standard) for banners killed in combat
    BSB: 150
    Core: 100
    Special: 150
    Rare: 200
    So you see that banners will play a big role and that I only have access to 2 of them. I was thinking of maybe dropping my Saurus Warriors and going full Skink Core with small units and banners, but I would hate to give my opponent an easy 200 points. Skinks are agile yes, but any Fast Cav of Flying unit will catch them and wreck them.

In any case what do you guys think? First real 9th age list and any comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated!