1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. [2400 ETC] First List for you!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Hebus, May 3, 2012.

1. Hebus
    Saurus

Hebus Member

Here's the point :
    With my friends, we are playing using the ETC comp restriction, my friend are nothing less than a Vampire Count and a Deamon of Chaos Generals, which sometimes makes me cry with some beaffy stuffs.
    Here's the list :

Old blood w/ bane head, Piranha Blade, Armour of destiny, shield
    Life Slann w/ BSB, standard of disc, Soul of Stone

Skink Chief w/ Teradon, blowpipe, light armor, vtoff, amulet of Itzl, charmed shield

35 Saurus, full command
    2x10 + 1x11 skink skirmishers

25 TG, full command, ban of eternal flame
    4 teradon
    1 stegadon

3 sallies w/ 1 additional handler

Total : 2400pts

I've been sick of getting so much owned by some vampire lords, that I decided to get an Old Blood who can kill even the stronger vampire. He should be able to survive of at least a round of vampire and inflicts him one wound, killing him in return. He can play the monster killer role without problems too.
    The idea is to have the saurus with the old blood, TG & Slann, which make two strong anvil, and the stegadon as a hammer.
    Teradons w/ chief is a test, I'm not sure about this, but it seems fun to me to have a flying shooter with reroll of shoots.

What are your thought about this list?

2. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Hello,
    First ETC is 2400 not 2500, at least for lizardmen players.
    Secondly, if you will play vs Daemons and VC use the Enginge of the gods, and equip the skink with a Dawnstone and The other tricksters shard/plaque of tepok. Drop the OldBlood, and use a Scar vet, with a GW Cold One and AoD, this should do. Life is Good, but when you have a 35 man squad of saurus and a lot of TG, than try out light, And while dropping the Oldblood, you have some points lepf for another dicipline, like rummunation or mystery:)

3. Hebus
    Saurus

Hebus Member

The 2500 points written was a mistype. It's a 2400 points list.
    I thought about using an engine of the god, but it seems way too expensive in my mind : 405 points for one strong, but not ultimate ability. I can't see how to put it without removing the stegadon, and I find 1 oldblood + 1 stegadon better than 1 EotG + 1 Scar vet.
    In fact, I've done some calculation about Scar vet against old blood :
    I took a vampire with red fury, ASF, S7 (lame ogre?), the other trickster shard, and 4++. Well, a scar vet just doesn't survive. It takes statistically 2 wounds before he hits and don't kill the Vampire lord. Whereas an Old blood take less wounds and kill the lord with one attack hitting.

I thought about adding mystery or rumination, but I don't have the points. Maybe just add the plaque of tepok while removing a saurus and an handler to get almost every spell, or at least the spell I want.

I'll think about light. I have to say that is an hesitation I have.

4. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

To be honest a Scar vet isn't for taking out the Vampire Lord:)
    Neither is the Oldblood I'm afraid:/ As for the Plaque of Tepok, It is a Good item, but I think that In a TG Life Slann You need at least 6 spells :( (only the crappy magic missile is not worth). Frankly The Best Euro Slann build Is: 2 Slann Mage priests. One with Plaque of Tepok and Death the other with a BSB and Light. And Now He can have as many Vampire counts as he whishes:). Oh and since You don't face much sooting. the Eoth is at 380 points. for 1 lvl Priest with a Dawnstone:) And a Stegadon can push though many Units...

5. Hebus
    Saurus

Hebus Member

I did some maths around the Oldblood killing a Vampire Lord, and he should. Well it's always about dice.
    With the vampire described, the Oldblood should take 1 or 2 wounds (1.57 exactly) so he should survive.
    Then, the Old Blood hit : 0.36 wound doing 4 wounds.

Last and only time I tried 2 slann I had the biggest fail ever : 2 slann, one Life, on Light :
    Life Slann casts Throne of vines successfully, then cast flesh to stone, roll double 6, then 1 for the protection of throne of vine, then 3 on the miscat table, then 3 => First slann says good night
    Light Slann casts Light of battle, and... SURPRISE! double 6, 3, 2 => Second Slann says good night
    This makes me rethink double slann in army... I mean, OK, I had 1 chance on 36 000 000 to have this score, but it shows how random is magic. So I prefer to limit it to one slann

Yeah, that's for sure, but they is room for a dispell scoll! :p but that's still expensive.