1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2500 GT practice

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by MasterKrox, Dec 8, 2014.

1. MasterKrox
    Saurus

MasterKrox Member

Hello all . I played a game today in practice for the Colonial Carnage. The first gt in the mid atlantic us masters circuit 2015.

My match was against a club mate whose running VC this season.

My list

Slann HC FoM BSB standard of discipline channeling staff and BC

Scar vet cowboy halberd AoD coldone

Skink chief ripper light armor steg helm and burning gem shield spear

Skink chief ripper light armor dragon helm dawnstone spear shield

Priest lv1 beast scroll

Priest v1 heaven cube

Core

21 warrior bunker std mus

27 skink cohort std mus posion 3 krox

10 skink skirmishers

2 bastilladons solar engines

2 5 man coldone units std

4 man ripper unit

Comp came in at 12.9

His list 12.2

master necro lv3 vampire scroll
    Master necro lv3 channeling staff

3 wight kings one is bsb with talisman of pres and enchanted shield
    The e other 2 have gw

5 x6 dogs

40 zombies std mus

44 zombies std mus

23 skeleton warriors fc dont know if he had a magic banner or not

4 crypt horrors

47 gg fc gw and banner of barrows

Terrorgheist

Sorry about not having photos ill try to have em for the next one.

Ok my spells were all of the high spells transformation of kadon and curse of the midnight wind

His spells were all but raise dead and the vortex.

Ok the table has a forest on my left a hill on my left and a building on my right just out of my deployment zone.
    Mirrored on his side and a marsh in the middle.

my deployment is ripper chief with the dragonhelm and both cold one units and the cowboy on my left.
    The 2 bastilladons and the skirmishers on the left side of the middle. The slann bunker rippers skrox unit and last chief on my right.

His left he had 3 dogs and the horrors zombie gg zombie in the middle and the bunker behind the gg the terrorgheist and laat 2 dogs on right.

He won the roll for vanguard and started by moving up one dog unit on the right and I move up the left chief to 12" away from the dog he moved the second unit of dogs on the right. And I move my second chief 16 from the dogs and 30 from the terrorgheist.

He won the roll to go first so he charged 2 dogs to the left chief to start off. And then pushed everything forward save for the terrorgheist. He held him back for some reason.

His magic he rolls a 4 and a 2 and I channel 3 times so his phase doesnt so anything save for me using my scroll he rolled a 6 5 5 to cast van hales so I scrolled it as to not take a chance and stopped everything he cast.

Close combat he gets stupid lucky as I wiff my attacks and my 2+ reroll armor and he kills the chief and reforms.

My one. I charged a unit of dogs with the cowboy and attemed the charge on the horrors with the other cold one riders My chief on the right charged the dogs and everything else pushed forward the Rippers marched up to get beside the bunker behind the gg which I had put a blot toad on. My magic phase saw me get a 10 to 5 phase. I vesseled soul quench theough my priest to the hex wraiths and kill them which I ifd wounding my priest killing 4 warrior and ending the phase. Close combat saw me kill the dogs with my cowboy and reform and kill the dogs with my chief and overrun missing the edge of the table by 1 inch.

His 2 his horrors try to charge and fail his zombies start making it around the building for the skrox unit and the terrorgheist moves up to yell at my chief.

His magic he rolls a 1 and a 2 and no spells are cast. Lucky me.
    Shooting he erases the chief my 3 I charge the bunker the cowboy goes stupid the unit on coldones charges the flank of the horrors and the skrox charges the last unit of dogs on the right. The skrox fail needed a 3 got a 2. My rippers make it to the bunker. And my last coldone unit goes stupid as well.

Magic I get off walk of worlds on the skrox unit to get my closer to the terrorgheist and dogs to cast. I chose to lose the spell after that. Then I fail to cast the big soul quench. Close combat I murder the bunker and both necros to rewind a bit though I chose lore of death for the new spell and got purple fun. :jawdrop: on his turn...the turn of doom he made a long charge with the gg to my bunker he got a 12 my heart sank he lost 4 wounds on his terrorgheist and numbers of zombies he charged the terrorgheist into my rippers and mde it oh boy. Shooting phase he killed my rippers by yelling and then the magic happened to save my slann I challenge and he accepted with his champion and flubbed all his attacks doing only 2 wounds so I won combat and held so on my turn my cowboy charges the terrorgheist and the coldones charge the zombies and the skrox unit hits the other zombie unit. Magic I got 6 dice and fail to cast purple fun. And the bunker and 2 bastilladons get eaten in combat. At the end of the game I had the cowboy 2 cold one units and the skrox unit left and all he had was the gg star resulting in a draw.

Ill be using this list next weekend for more practice at a one day event.