1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2500 point list, new to Lizardmen, C&C appreciated!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by TheRubberMant, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TheRubberMant
    Jungle Swarm

TheRubberMant New Member

Hello all, I'm new to Lizardmen and I just wanted a decent all-comers list to aim for before I start gradually getting the models and adding them to my collection.

Lords & Heroes:

Slann Mage Priest (Focus of Mystery, Becalming Cogitation, Dispel Scroll, BSB, Standard of Discipline)

Saurus Oldblood (Sword of Striking, Steg Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Light Armour, Shield)

Skink Priest
    ----------------
    740pts (Obviously this would only be when using End Times rules)

Core:

35 Saurus Warriors, Full Command
    10 Skink Skirmishers (Jav+ Shield)
    ----------------
    625pts

Special:

26 Temple Guard, Full Command
    10 Chameleon Skinks
    Bastiladon (Solar)
    -----------------
    674pts

Rare:

Ancient Steg, EOTG, Sharpened Horns
    Salamander
    Salamander
    ------------------
    460pts

Total: 2499pts

The Slann would be with the Temple Guard (almost goes without saying), the Oldblood and the Priest would bunker with the Saurus Warriors (Spears and most likely in 7x5 ranks), the Oldblood to vastly increase the units murder capacity, and the Priest running Wyssan's to try and buff, as well as giving me more of a choice as to whether I pursue or restrain. The big monsters between the two infantry blocks throwing out their buffs and the skirmishers work to guard flanks and charge redirect. The Chameleon skinks are solely warmachine hunters and the Salamanders would live at the flanks, looking to soften up large infantry blocks before the hammerblow of Saurus come in.

Thoughts?

2. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

I think this is a very standard list. I'm not going into magic items or anything right now (no book close to me). Only thing I do miss is a cowboy or 2. Cowboys can be extremely usefull and versatile and I would recommend 1 or 2 in the list. But then again you only have so many points to play with and the comp you present is well rounded IMO. The chameleon skinks could be reduced to 6 or 7 of them if you want to open up some points. Grts

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  3. TheRubberMant
    Jungle Swarm

TheRubberMant New Member

So making the Oldblood a cowboy? Or adding in a completely new Oldblood/Scarvet?

The chameleons are really just there because I always feel I need warmachine hunters, so their numbers could be changed either way. Would a cowboy require a unit to bunker down in, or are they fine to send out on their own? I assume their strength lies in being a strong flanking unit that has more mobility than anything else we can field.

4. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

The EOTG Steggie will probably get a lot of attention. It's up 2 you to see how best to place him, but I usually solo them and haven't had them blow up... yet :). Make the one you have the cowboy is my suggestion yes.