1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2500pt Army Lists and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ChapterAquila92, Nov 28, 2019.

1. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Hello!

Having put some thought into this, I'm admittedly surprised that there aren't more 2500pt army lists featured on this site. Whilst I imagine that it's because most AoS games are done within the 2000pt range, I don't think I've fielded a single army in any GW or GW affiliate mainline game that comfortably fits in less than 2500pts without severe limitations on what it can do (both in terms of game mechanics and theme).

As such, I'd like to dedicate this thread to such army lists, including build suggestions that you think would be fun, thematic, and/or competitive.

--

A brief shout-out to previous posters who've dedicated threads related to the topic:

@SimonDread - 2500 Witch way to go?
    @Kyle smith - My 2500 need help is it ok
    @ljwylde - Double Carno Bloodclaw 2500
    @Hutch9935 - Big Game 2500 point help
    @Jason839 - 2500 pt Skinks and Stardrakes
    @dinoSTARZ - Moving up to 2500
    @MinhoAbernathy - My 2500 List
    @Killer Angel - Campaign with increasing points-now 2500

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  2. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Cross-posted from What are you doing today hobbywise?:
    My primary focus with this army list was to get away from what has been referred to in my local gaming group as "annoying builds", specifically the use of any of the super-warscroll battalions, Shadowstrike, or summoning spam. I figured that playing with the big dinos would be a nice change of pace, and it worked well during the 3v3 (Order vs Gloomspite Gits) game it was baptized in. Still upset that saurus warriors are squishy as all hell, though, and as it was my first game with the dread saurian it's likely going to take some time for me to be able to use it effectively.

Amusingly, because the battlefield was in the Realm of Hysh, with the realm feature in play being the one involving aetherquartz crystals, I was still able to get some decent summoning done without completely sacrificing all of my slann's spells in the process.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

First time making a 2500 point list, I generally only play 1k or 2k due to most of games either being prep for a Tournament or the Tournament itself.

Here is what I believe should be a pretty competitive 2.5k list:

2500pt Dracothion's Tail w/Shadowstrike Starhost

Allegiance: Seraphon
    -Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Miasmatic Blade
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Spell: Meteoric Convocation
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - Artefact: Betrayer's Crown
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    - Artefact: Spellmirror
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    - Artefact: Light of Dracothion

Battleline:
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

Units:
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    3 x Razordons (120)
    2 x Razordons (100)

Battalions:
    Dracothion's Tail
    (80)
    Firelance Starhost (150)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs:
    Balewind Vortex
    (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Units place in the Heavens:
    • Scar-veteran on Cold One
    • Razordons x3
    • Saurus Knights (with lances)x1
    • Ripperdactyls (technically in the clouds)
    • There are certainly reasons to place any of your heroes in the Havens or additional Knights depending on the battleplan and enemy forces.

Total: 2490 / 2500
    Extra Command Points: 3
    Allies: 0 / 500
    Wounds: 127

This build is centered around setting the tempo of the game and removing your opponents major threats turn one. It takes strong threat assessment and good movement to use effectively.

Turn one LoSaT the Slann up field if needed to gain range on deploying Razordons and ScV on CO. Try to find the corner of a horde unit to engage with the ScV on Co to make good use of Betrayer's Crown and with luck you will tie the unit up in combat for more than one turn or force an unfavorable retreat.

Next, engage the enemies largest threat with your Ripperdactyls. This is where game knowledge is crucial. The threat potential of any given unit changes from list to list and based upon the given battleplan. What is mercurial is that you pick a target that is important to the enemy and a target that the Ripperdactlys will be able to remove or cripple.

Be mindful of your Cogs. The goal of this list is to control your opponent's movement phase by tying up units in combat. Make sure that you do not give your opponent extra movement that will allow them to reach objectives.

Aginor, ChapterAquila92 and Lizerd like this.