1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k first list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by WarheadsByLink, Apr 11, 2018.

1. WarheadsByLink
    Skink

WarheadsByLink New Member

Hey guys I'm looking to put together my first 2k list. I've come up with the following and was wondering if you'd be so kind as to give me some feedback? I've only played two matches so far with 1500 points of what I have finished painting so now planning for the future.

1990/2000

-Slann star master (general- great remember, incandescent rectrices)
    -Scar vet on carnosaur (coronal shield)
    -skink priest with trappings
    -star priest
    -eternity warden

-40 saurus warriors (spears)
    -10 skinks (boltspitters and shields)
    -10 skinks (boltspitters and shields)
    -5 saurus guard
    -5 saurus guard
    -5 saurus guard

Bastiladon

Eternal starhost

The only things that I would need to finish painting from the above is the Slann, eternity warden and bastiladon.

I would take out the star priest and put in some razordons but I don't have any yet.

So far my collection consists of the above as well as an astrolith bearer, skink starseer, scar vet on cold one, saurus with clubs, 5 Knights with lances and I have a spare Slann that I will be using green stuff and death mask to convert into kroak at some point. Think I will eventually transition into more of a shadow kroak list but want to get some value out of what I have already bought first!

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

This is a fun list and could work.
    Judging by your miniatures however, I would also go for a Bloodclaw ! Guards can be included. While admittedly having Eternity Warden in a Bloodclaw is a waste, turn that 3x5 guard unit into a 15 one that goes along with its Warden and you gave yourself a huge threat. Convert a warrior to an Oldblood on foot, and have Slann as a leader for all the skink spells and magic support.

Keep summoning points for the astrolith so that you can properly place him + protect him before use and then give your whole army huge reroll bubble with Conga lines ! You have a 4 to 6 Drop list that could be a lot of fun !

3. WarheadsByLink
    Skink

Cool, I have to admit that a bloodclaw is appealing just a shame that I don't think I could fit a bastiladon in. Maybe something like...

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Great Rememberer
    - Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices
    Saurus Oldblood (120)
    - Suntooth Maul
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    - War Spear
    - Artefact : Coronal Shield
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)

Units
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    -Spears
    15 x Saurus Guard (300)
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    -Lances

Battalions
    Bloodclaw Starhost (200)

Total: 1980 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Leaders: 6/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4
    Wounds: 111

Seraphage likes this.
  4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Yep, this list might not be meta game but is definitely nothing to be laughed at if played properly and can probably work out well in a tournament !

5. WarheadsByLink
    Skink

Thanks for your help, any advice on how to get the best mileage out of the oldblood (on foot) command ability?

6. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Well, it is actually useful in all phases : early turns when you wanna charge to push forawrd and make your unit in a better charging shape, for huge units already in combat, you can move all the models "that would never had th etime to pile in to make a difference" as long as they are 3" away from the enemy to better positions so that they can hit at the next pile in and of course : use it to snap out of combat in a hero phase without retreating in order to charge something else if wanted or to recharge at a 3" with better hit and maybe bonuses from the charge.

Oldblood on foot is definitely underrated ! ( although admittedly, the fact that he can only be fielded in saurus lists and not in skink lists where we have our biggest mobility is also a factor ! )

Aginor likes this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Using it after teleporting can help you make charges easier for example.
    You can also move a unit out of combat using it.

EDIT: Sniped by @Seraphage

Seraphage likes this.