1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k list for casual matched play rules

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Kilvakar, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Most likely going to be vs. Slaanesh, Stormcast, and Idoneth. Those are the lists I know of for sure. I was thinking of running a Thunderquake since it seems to be the best way to get the big dinos into play, but I could also run a Shadowstrike Starhost if you guys think that would be better. Don't have enough knights for a Firelance. But anyway, here's my current setup:

Realm: Ghur

Battalion: Thunderquake Starhost

General: Slann
    Great Rememberer, Rectricies, Stellar Tempest.

Skink Starpriest
    Meteoric Convocation

Engine of the Gods
    Gryph-feather Charm

Battleline:

Skinks x 10

Skinks x 10

Skinks x 10

Saurus Knights x 5

Artillery:

Razordons x 3 + 3 handlers

Behemoths:

Bastiladon w/ Solar Engine x 2

Other:

Ripperdactyls x 3

Endless Spells: Cogs and Vortex, Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws.

Threw in jaws because I had 30 points left over and didn't know what else to do with it.

Exactly 2000 points with nothing left over. What do you guys think? I don't know anything about the other players' lists, other than the Idoneth player likes to run the spellcasting Eidolon, Leviadon, and a mix of Namarti and Morrsarr Guard. But it seems that Thunderquake usually does well and I wanted to try using it since I've finally got an EtoG ready to go. :) That's basically all the Skinks I have atm, though, so I'd have to summon other stuff. But I have plenty of Saurus warriors, an Oldblood and Scar-vet on Carnos, two Troglodons, three more Rippers and three Terradons, five Chameleon Skinks and one Stegadon with a bow.

Any C&C would be welcome, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

I think if you drop the jaws, turn your bastis into stegs, and dropped the knights, you could also fit in a shadowstrike with what you have. I ran a similar list at a tournament I was at and tied (double tie, on main points and kill points) against a Slannesh army heavy on seekers, Obliterated a Varanguard army, and sorta barely scratched a win by against stormcast.

It could be fun.

I really liked summoning knights in and getting a good charge off, tossing some salads with lances and leaving them to just grind back against a smaller unit of stormcast on an objective. Bastilidons are also great for summoning, even if they wont benefit from the TQuake. The only real issue I see in your list is the absence of an Astrolith bearer, who provided those sweet extra D3 conjuration points, and that even sweeter 12" within bubble of reroll all hits.
    Even if you don't change your loadout to include a Shadowstrike, I highly recommend shifting stuff around to include one of him.

Kilvakar likes this.
  3. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

That would totally work if I had another Stegadon, lol! Maybe I'll get another eventually, can't have too many dinos ;)

I do have an Astrolith Bearer, though. So I shuffled around again to try and get him included.

Realm: Ghur

Battalion: Thunderquake Starhost

General: Slann
    Great Rememberer, Rectricies, Stellar Tempest.

Skink Starpriest
    Meteoric Convocation

Saurus Astrolith Bearer

Engine of the Gods
    Gryph-feather Charm

Battleline:

Skinks x 10

Skinks x 10

Skinks x 10

Artillery:

Razordons x 3 + 3 handlers

Behemoths:

Bastiladon w/ Solar Engine

Stegadon with Skystreak Bow

Other:

Ripperdactyls x 3

Endless Spells: Cogs and Vortex, Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws.

Carnikang likes this.
  4. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

I think you'll have fun with that in casual games. Lemme know how you fair in a few games!

Kilvakar likes this.