1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Point advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Sekrit_Stryker, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

Sekrit_Stryker Well-Known Member

Hey there,

I am thinking of trying this list out below:

Leaders:
    Astro Bearer
    Skink Starpriest
    Old Blood on Carno
    Sun Blood

Battleline:
    3 x razordons
    3 x saurus warriors (3 units of 10)
    3 Rippers

Behemoths
    Troglodon
    Basi w/ Solar Engine
    Stegodon w/ Skyfire bow

Battalion
    Thunderquake starhost
    Sunclaw starhost

This is 2k on the nose. I am looking for some advice around artefacts and who to take as my general. I think either the Old blood or Sunblood are my best bet as general

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Master of the Star Ritual is a great trait on the Skink Starpriest. It lets you double up and have both priest in one.

When two or more atrefacts slots are available the first Realm I consider is Ulgu. Miasmic Blade, Doppleganager's Cloak, Betrayer's Crown, and Spell Mirror are my favorites from the list.

Any particular reason are you going Slannless?

3. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

A very simple reason, I dont have one yet! I'm hoping to get a Kroak for xmas and he will be my boney frog boy! So with that I essentially get the ability to use a prayer is that right?

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Yep, you can roll to give a unit the various re-rolls that the Skink Priest's rites imbue.

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

for clarity, the razors and rippers are not battleline, but the 3x10 warriors will fill those minimum requirements. give them clubs due to the smaller unit size

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

Ah that is true. Im going off of Warscroll builder and it groups all models under one heading, so I call them all battleline (even though they arent!) Thanks for the advice, I am playing against a Tzeench player so I think I have a fairly competitive list to deal with some of his daemons. Although only have 2 dispells is going to be rough against all his casters

7. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

Ah I just realized that my list is a bust at 2k. I have no skink handlers so the Thunderquake Starhost isnt active. I guess I can take one less razordon. Or maybe drop the carno and take an oldblood on foot?

8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

on foot wont help that build unless you use the left over points to make one of those warriors units max size. also dropping a razordon will only get you 20 points as they are 50 points each, 120 for 3

9. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

You're right, I forgot about the discount. The game went great! I managed to win. The sunclaw star host did some serious work for me. My carnosaur got sniped out in the first turn, so wasnt a lot of help. I think using the extra points to buff up my saurus would be a better use though like you sa hopefully the next game I play I'll have a slaan though

Aginor and ILKAIN like this.