1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2K Shadowkroak list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Stevie754, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

Hi everyone,
    Putting together a list for my first few games of AOS2, was wondering what everyone thought and if you had any suggestions for different artefacts or realms to use as I haven't had a chance to look through them all properly yet.

upload_2018-7-3_11-2-51.png

Cheers

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Depends on against whom you play.
    You basically combined the two most broken things we have into one list. Unless you are very unlucky there isn't much the enemy can do. Massive shooting or magic in turn one before you can do anything might work against this list, but even those need luck.

So yeah, this will probably table most armies in the game in round one or two. If it is a no-holds-barred competitive environment and not using house rules that hold back the Rippers, then yes, play it. Just don't be sad if your opponent calls it cheese and refuses to play against you ever again.

3. thinlizzy
    Skink

thinlizzy New Member

Hey guys, just starting out on the Seraphon train. Can you explain why this list is so potent?

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Would there be any benefit from not taking 2 Bearers and no endless spells and including a Slann, The EoG would benefit and you could soon summon in another Bearer.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (450)
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

Endless Spells
    Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 92

5. Arawn
    Saurus

Arawn Member

Hi,
    I was thinking about something similar, but with just one Astrolith and without the Warden (because you can summon it turn 2), so you can add a second Engine of the gods.

And I took the Chronomantic cogs as endless spell, to have an extra spell or 3extra summoning points.

LEADERS
    Lord Kroak (450)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Engine of the Gods (220)

UNITS
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    30 x Skinks (180)
    -Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

BATTALIONS
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

1950/2000

6. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

I play against a very competitive group of people so it isn't any harder hitting than what they will bring against me. Looking a take all comers list to get to grips with the new rules in AOS2 so looking to have a pretty set list and then tweak it with new spells and adding more summoning when I see what can be dropped or added to.

The idea behind the warden being there instead of summoning was because turn 1 against alpha strikes is when Kroak is at the most risk.

The main hit in the list is to spell portal with the starpriest, kroak then balewinds beside the portal, and with the balewind and x2 astroliths I get +24" to cast range which lets the portal act like the new kroaknado. 18" up the board, so can be hitting 24+18+3D6 with deliverance and having +2 to cast from double astro should be able to hero snipe and stop a lot of the magic coming back through the portal at me. Any heros on low wounds or big threats can then be alpha stuck by the rippers.

With the 3 CP on my turn 1 I can get rerolls from Kroak's command ability and before casting use his ability again to get more rerolls if I have had to use the first set on earlier spell casts.

Crowsfoot and Arawn like this.
  7. Arawn
    Saurus

Arawn Member

Really? it is allowed to use several times the same command ability?

8. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

Yeah you spend command points you can use the same command ability as long as you pay for it each time?
    Some scrolls got updated in latest FAQ to restrict using a command ability more than once, but kroak is ok.

Arawn likes this.
  9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah, that's pretty terrifying. Sure, you can still reroll each dice only once, but it is strong.