1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Shadowstrike/Sunclaw

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Wazz, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

My friends and I are going to start a 2k tournament I was thinking of running the following list
    Slann- great rememberer, rez artifact
    Shadowstrike Starhost with
    6 rippers
    2 units of 5 Cham skinks
    Starpriest not sure on relic
    Sunclaw Starhost
    Sunblood with blade of realities
    3x20 warrs with spears
    1 unit of 2 Salamanders
    1 unit of skink handlers
    My opponents will be pretty varied and once we submit our lists they are set. I know I'm going to see Flesh eater courts, Stormcast, Ironjawz for sure, maybe Wood Elves, Nurgle and Slyvanth too. Thanks in advance!

Ritual and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Not sure about the units of 20 for the Saurus Warriors.
    IMO you kill some of their advantages that way, since they receive their best bonuses at 30+ and get the discount at 40.

Ritual, Seraphage, Wazz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Your going to facing a lot of shooting those warriors will die fast without protection, are you planning on keeping all 3 units in range of the Sunblood?

Ritual and Wazz like this.
  4. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Aginor I totally agree! The main reason Im doing 20 is bc I barely have the 60 to do it and didnt want a mega blob with 2 little units lol. @Crowsfoot what do you mean? Im lost lol sorry. Im using the Shadowstrike to do a hopefully really strong alpha strike on the stuff that must die asap, with the 6 rippers and 10 cham skinks rerolling 1s to hit and wound from the startpriest and the reroll everything from the swooping dive. If my teleports work, the salamanders help with the alpha strike. Hopefully making my opponent focus on that as the 20 man squads come up or hold objectives, with mystic shield amd starlight on them.

Ritual likes this.
  5. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Been running a Sunclaw for a couple of months. Besides the HUGE impact of a 40man that I cannot describe just HOW much damage output has with the reroll from Sunblood, 20 man really have no impact at all. You won't be having any units to oppose any mid power unit and stronger. Go for the 40, 10, 10 !

Ritual and Wazz like this.
  6. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Well ok! Lol I couls proxy temple guard as saurus warriors, drop the salamanders and hunting pack to maybe make it 40 20 10. @Seraphage how do you like using the Sunclaw over the Slann as your general?

Ritual likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

You can only Mystic one unit so bulk one up and use the other two as bait

Wazz, Ritual and Aginor like this.
  8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Have only played 3 games with the new one and to be honest with the sunclaw list * not one with 2 blobs of 40man but with 1 that I am currently playing * I am NOT missing the 2nd teleport. One is just fine. Slann is overly useful due to mystic shield at all rounds etc.

The 20man group won't do much. Imho drop those 10 and with the rest 10 take yourselve some skinks to screen the important units - or take objectives if needed, it ll be screen msot of the times on a sunclaw - or an oldblood on foot ! I have tried him just "for fun" and those 5" rerollable wounds on a unit that already rerolls failed hits.. well.. those elven dragons hurt :p

Finally, if you ever experiment with Sunblood as a L instead of Slann, gief slann the rez item and give Sunblood Coronal Shield. That -1 to hit is WAY too awesome.
    Remember : the modifiers come AFTER the rolls - a rerollable 4+ when you have buffed him with -1 to hit and thus he needs a 5, does NOT reroll the 4s because they are successful at the time and right after he finished rolling they get cancelled !
    Now combine this with -1 of starlight and you get -2 to hit.. he was hitting on 2 rerollable and couldnt reroll ALL of his 2s and 3s.. it was fun.

Wazz, Paul Beenis and Ritual like this.
  9. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Nice! @Seraphage I did try a 40 man unit and it was crazy, I was trying all kinds of crazy stuff that game like dropping the slann, adding a skink priest, troglodon, and 10 skinks none of those really mattered in the game other than the trog soaking up some hits bc they saw a big guy lol. I added the slann back in and dropped the salamander hunting pack, and the 10 skinks stayed.

Seraphage likes this.
  10. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I'm also thinking of using
    Slann- rez item skink spells
    Eternity warden shield
    3 x10 saurus guard
    Eternal Starhost
    710 points for summoning. Since the lists are set I can kind of tailor to my opponent each game.

Seraphage likes this.
  11. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Always liked the idea of lists with a tough backbone and lots of summoning points. Didn't have the time so far but I plan to try it myself, especially with the buffed up Slann we got ourselves !

Wazz likes this.
  12. Meatgrinder
    Skink

Meatgrinder Member

The 40man unit you run as your main hitter and then you can use the two 10mans as screening units. You'll need them to protect your slann.
    Otherwise i like the list, i might give it a shot myself.

Wazz likes this.
  13. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member