1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Sunclaw List and Thoughts

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ProfessorSkink, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ProfessorSkink
    Skink

ProfessorSkink New Member

Hey all

I ran some successful battles with new lists and wanted to share what I ran online to help others in list building since I was impressed. This is the Sunclaw Battalion I ran against a SoD Despoiler opponent.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Mortal Realm: Ghur
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw

LEADERS:
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (250)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Dominant Predator
    - Artefact : Eviscerating Blade

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)
    - War Spear

Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell : Tide of Serpents

Saurus Sunblood (130)
    - Artefact : Gryph-feather Charm

Skink Starseer (140)
    - Spell : Bind Endless Spell

Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell : Hand of Glory

UNITS

40 x Saurus Warriors (320)
    - Clubs
    40 x Saurus Warriors (320)
    - Clubs
    10 x Saurus Warriors (90)
    - Clubs

5 x Chameleon Skinks (90)

10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

BATTALIONS

Sunclaw Temple-host (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

I really enjoyed this list with the amount of bodies you can throw, it's not as mobile as a skink cloud list with say Shadowstrike Temple Host, but the additional rend from the jaws attacks was amazing. Using the starpriests for their support every unit I charged into I was able to destroy. Granted I need to try it against many more armies, I think it falls short in magic however. I really missed not having a slann. The starsteer and starpriests get their support spells in but the unlimited unbind and utility of the slann was missed in the game, especially since one demon prince shut down one of my blocks with the Whispers of the Damned spell. I tooled around with dropping the starseer and the skink units to fit a slann in but then the list loses some late game objective claimers since the saurus aren't that mobile. Would love to hear some thoughts and recommendations.

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  2. Leuco
    Jungle Swarm

Leuco New Member

Looks good. For the 40 Warriors I would change the weapon to speers. I know, rend -2 looks strong, but the Speers are more efective for troops > 10/20.