1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2v2 royal rumble - Do i kroak?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by nomis, Sep 17, 2018.

1. nomis
    Cold One

nomis Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Im playing a big ol' 2v2 1.5k each battle this weekend - im still relatively new to the game

We are going to play an objective based battleplan.

I have had Kroak for quite some time now but never played him so I was thinking this could be a good change to field him.

Its going to be my seraphon teamed up with a stormcast army vs nurgle and nighthaunt.

I was thinking about the following list:
    Kroak
    EOTG
    Skink Starpriest
    x3 units of 20 skinks with blowpipes & Shields
    40 Warriors

Plan is to use the EotG for it's random special sauce it adds, skinks to dart in and out to take objectives and use Kroak to rain down the meteors and the saurus buffed by the priest to just do a butt load of damage.

Should I swap out kroak for another Slann to summon in reinforcements instead of the EotG?

I know my stormcast counterpart is planning on brining a lot of heavy artillery to be more defensive.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Crowsfoot and nomis like this.
  3. nomis
    Cold One

nomis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice :)

I’ll check that out.

So drop the blob and go for an astrolith and balewind. Would doing that render the starpriest not as effective?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

It makes the Skink Starpriest even more effective. He can be the one to cast cogs instead of Kroak. Also, Summon Starlight is amazing. I would honestly drop the EoTGs and keep the Warriors. If you really need to be summoning you can ramp up very quickly with Kroak's 6 spells due to the BwV and Cogs. Perhaps something like this:

Allegiance: Seraphon

LEADERS:
    Lord Kroak
    (450)
    - General
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skink Starpriest (80)

UNITS:
    40 x Skinks (240)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    -Spears

ENDLESS SPELLS:
    Balewind Vortex
    (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

TOTAL: 1450/1500
    EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 110

You could drop the 10 man unit of Skinks. I am not sure if you are playing Battlehost -500 or Vanguard +500, but if you only need two battlelines then drop them and take a couple Razordons or Salamanders. You already would have 50 points left over. There are several other endless spells you could fill in with, but I kinda like the extra CP for auto passing Battleshock and rerolling charges.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. nomis
    Cold One

nomis Well-Known Member

I dont have the Cogs spell, would there be something else that is worth while instead? Also, why clump the skinks up into a group of 40?

We are playing vangard +500

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

If not cogs then I would just spend the 60 points on more Skinks or Razordons/Salamanders (preferably Razordons).

The reason to group up the Skinks is because of the Celestial Cohort +to hit bonus you get for being in units of 20 & 30. That hit bonus on top of the Astrolith Bearers Proud Deffiance buff for rerolling fail hits results in significant damage out put. Out of 40 Skinks you can expect 35+ hits after rerolls. And then roughly 11+ wounds. If you are shooting down enemy chaff or putting focus fire onto glass cannons they can be shockinly effective. The downside is they become less effective objective holders. On many occasions I have run circles around an objective with Wary Fighters, which become more difficult with larger units.

Best of luck!

nomis and Crowsfoot like this.