1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 3 questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Koen Detiege, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Koen Detiege
    Skink

Koen Detiege Member

Hi,

I have a few questions:

1. Is it mentioned anywhere explicitly that 'the great drake' only affects het rider, not the mount ( as it is no artefect )

2. Why use a bound version of an aethervoid pendulum over a normal one ?

3. Can an endless spell be cast twice in the same round. Fe: If I cast a balewind with my slann and dispel it immediatly, can another wizard cast a new balewind in that same phase ?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

1) The Great Drake affects both the Rider and Mount if the hero has one. The reason command traits and artefacts do not unless specified else where is due to core rules. There is no rule specifically banning a mount from gaining benefits from abilities.

2) Bound Aethervoid Pendulum means that only a Seraphon player is able to move it. This prevents the opponent from moving it in the way of your troops or out of the way of theirs. While it must always continue on the same line, being able to control how quickly it moves down that line is worth 10MPP.

3) The rule of One prevents the same spell or endless spell from being attempted more than once per players hero phase.

Grotpunter likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Regarding the first question, @LizardWizard is correct when he talks about official restriction

However i have a doubt on this as you could read the rule in a cautious way.
    "pick a SERAPHON hero, +1 attack to his melee weapons"
    Are we sure gw means "a model with the hero keyword" (so also the Carnosaur) and not "only the hero" (so no mount)?
    Also scaly skin by raw includes damage dealt by mws generated by attacks...

However, unless FAQed, by raw you should be able to include also the mount.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

HERO is bolded in the ability. gonna go with the whole model. +1 attack compared to + 1 casting/unbinding/dispelling for one wizard and +1 run/charge board wide would be super underpowered and almost never taken

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

A hero and its mount are a single model (to which the keywords apply).
    All the warscrolls say that in their descriptions.

LizardWizard and ILKAIN like this.