1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300 point club - Get bizzay, you slackers! >:(

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by asrodrig, Jan 30, 2009.

1. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Re: 300 point club - February Submissions due by March 7th!

Yes, youk can join with lizzies.

2. Kingin
    Skink

Kingin New Member

Hey can i be apart of this Club New to Lizardmen (getting into them again) hopefully getting my Boxes that I bought and maybe a Huge ebay sale (DONT GO LOOKING THERE MINE lol) so can I join?

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

yep

4. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

ok cool
    this is my entry:
    skink chief:
    300+ points.

hmmmm purplicious :D

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Very nice

6. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Re: 300 point club

Unfortunately for me, with midterms, and Lab Reports, and trying to find a job so that I can actually afford to do all this junk, I just haven't had the time to paint anything lately. Plus, my other hobby buddies were always busy. So i guess I got a headstart on the March submission! Here's a little preview:

th_DSCN1626.jpg

th_DSCN1627.jpg

(ugh, those are some of the worst pictures I've ever taken :shamefullyembarrased: )
    Obviously still work in progress. You'll see the finished product by the end of March!

7. Aren
    Saurus

Aren New Member

Re: 300 point club

Sounds like a cool way to get me painting (again).

I have a lot of lizzies to buy and paint in order to have an army ready for next tournie year, so I'd like to join, even though I'm not sure how much I will be able to follow it up (with my exams coming up and such :( ).

8. jochemvh
    Saurus

jochemvh New Member

Re: 300 point club - Check the Members List for your name!

Sign me up too!
    A little too late for februari, but nice and early to join for the march admission i hope?

"will edit this post with pics, will take those when i get home"

9. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I have decided to make a new rule:
    March will be the last month that you can add points for items to your point count, unless they are obviously included or converted to depict them. For example, say you paint an Oldblood model and in your list you run him with Hide of the Cold Ones. Unless you make a conversion for the extra armour, you can't include those points. This goes the same for Dispel Scrolls and things like Level Upgrades. Basically, you could think of this as applying the rules of WYSIWYG to this club.
    Again, this doesn't start until after March, so all entries for March won't change.
    I think this is fair. If you have any sort of problem with it, feel free to discuss.

10. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Re: 300 point club - New Rule Added!

Seems fair. Shouldn't effect my march entry too much, being a steg with chief. If I amange to get it finished by the end of the month...

11. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

It was mostly because of a post on the other forum that I run 300 pt club on. Some guy posted his Skink Priest and equipped him with a bunch of Dispel Scrolls and Itxi Grubs and stuff like that, without modelling them. I figure a guy could paint about 175 points or so, and add a bunch of junk like that and say he had 300 points.

12. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah that guy is cheating himself out of it as much as anyone, I think this is about trying to achieve progress with your army more than trying to compete. 1 or 2 priests in a month isn't very much. I would have set myself more than just the stegadon if I thought I would have had time for it, uni is crazy and I'm finding little time for just the steg..

Similar rule to when I do 24 hour painting challenges; you have 1000 pooints to paint, but must have a minimum of 30 models. Otherwise you can get away with basically nothing.

13. jochemvh
    Saurus

jochemvh New Member

why do camera batteries/powerpacks always fail me when i want to take pics?
    just had to order a replacement because the old is just not doing what it has to.

it is recharging as we speak, maybe i'll get 2 or 3 pics with it today, otherwise i'll have to wait until the new battery arrives and make pics then.

update:

here are the pics i was able to take with some effort, battery has completly died on me now.
    hopefully next months entry i'll have the replacement and everything will go much much smoother :D

skink chief:

skinkchief.jpg

slann mage priest:

slann.jpg

together they should be a bit over 300 points.

14. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

APRIL FOOLS DAY PAINTING CONTEST!

Ok gang, here's an idea. I thought it might be a fun idea to show the world (or rather, this forum) all your wacky paintjobs/conversions! A special medal will be awarded to the winner. Submit your pics on or before April 7th. It can be a part of your March submission. Each submission will be judged based on creativity and hilarity, and the winner will be announced April 10th.

Other 300 point club news:
    RE: response to the new rule - I'm going to try a little experiment. If the number of submissions suffers from this new rule in the future, I'll get rid of it.

Also, since some members will be hitting close to 1000 points soon, I'll be whipping up a medal especially for them.

15. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

Re: 300 point club - April Fool's Day Painting Contest!

My March Submission

Attached Files:

16. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

How many points?

17. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

175 if we aren't counting champs and goop like that and then figured the stegadon would round out to 300 since I was over last month a bit

need to finish the howdah still though :/

[edit] scratch that, I managed to finish up my scar vet on his cold one so that gets me to 300 w/o the stegadon for this month :) will post pic later

18. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Here's the medal for March! Remember to get your stuff in by the 7th!

ratskull.png

And here's January to March, for people who, unlike me, have actually committed hehe.

JFM09.png

I will also get that 1000 point medal done, but I want it to be a little more grandoise than the other ones, you know?

I unfortunately wasn't able to finish my models that I wanted to do. I have about half a unit of Saurus done, and that Cold One rider fell off my desk and broke into a million pieces :'(
    But I write my last exam on the 16th of April, so I'll have plenty of time to get something done then. Maybe a Stegadon, maybe some Salamanders, maybe some Cavalry. Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, some Necrons, but don't count on it.
    I guess the April Fool's day contest wasn't such a good idea after all, seeing as how only one person has shown even the slightest interest on either forum (I do the same thing on Lustria-online). I might have another contest in a couple months, or maybe I'll start some optional themes for your submissions, just to keep things interesting. Anyways, I love feedback, so tell me what you think of these ideas!
    In the meantime, here's a cartoon about what happens to the foes of the Lizardmen! I even made it family friendly!

comic-lizardmen.jpg

19. strewart
    OldBlood

Hmmm copy paste job and forgot to change the name to the other forum? :p

The April Fool's thing was good in theory, I would have loved to come up with something, but I can do little besides occasionally post on here when I am on a break from uni work, it is very full on until the end of april. I would contribute if I had the time. Maybe next time. Time constraint, but if you announce it too early it is hard to get into the theme. ie. mid Feb: announce april fool's day contest, wtf? Difficult to figure out how much time to give people. There is my feedback, for what its worth.

And I failed for march.. Nuts. The steg is basically finished, but I haven't started painting the howdah. I am megnetizing it so the skinks can come off, that is going ok but a bit slowly, 2 crew and the chief done. Then painting will start. I hope it will be done in the next 2-3 weeks, time permitting..

20. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Hehe, yea, that's exactly what happened. The posts are identical other than the medals.