1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 3000 vs Skaven - List overview pls, Magic?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Ydran, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Ydran
    Jungle Swarm

Ydran New Member

Hey fellow reptilians!

First off, I come from a Dark Elves background and still love them. In the beginning of this year I started collecting my Lizardmen army because they are awesome and I somehow always wanted to lead an army of lizards and dinosaurs. Luckily my group sticks with 8th edition, so this hasn't been a bad decision and I don't have to play them as "Seraphons" or whatever they are called in AoS.
    However, had my first to games last month (1 win vs Demons, 1 loss vs Ogres) and now I'm facing my friend and his Skaven! In my imagination the worst match up possible. I don't have many alternatives, as this is my 2nd army. But maybe you can take a look at my list and tell what could work in which way vs Skaven. I'm also not sure which magic lore to use - as of now I think Life is nice, seems to be the n°1 lore for lizards to take, but i don't have that much experience with it (my dark elves most often used shadow). I'm thinking of making the Slann a loremaster of high, but he is already pretty expensive as you will see (I like the Slann to be expensive - he is one of the main reasons I like the Lizards so much).

2999pts

Lords: 751pts
    Slann - Lore of Life, General, BSB (Skavenpelt Banner), Becalming Cogitation, Harmonic Convergence, Soul of Stone, Channeling Staff 485pts

Oldblood on Cold One, Sacred Stegadon Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Ironcurse Icon, Great Weapon 266pts

Heroes: 244pts
    Skink Priest Lvl1 - Lore of Beasts, Dispel Scroll 90pts

Scar-Vet on Cold One, Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon

Core: 750pts
    40 Sauurs with Spears, FCM 470pts
    10 Skinks with Javelins 70pts

Special: 764pts
    3 Ripperdactyl Riders 120pts

Stegadon, Sharped Horns 235pts

26 Temple Guard, FCG, Standard of Discipline 409pts

Rare: 490pts
    Ancient Stegadon, Sharped Horns, 250pts

Salamander Hunting Pack, 80pts

2 Salamander Hunting Packs 160pts

---
    This is my basic concept. We play 50% Lords/Heroes. The Oldblood joins the Saurus to give them the real punch and maybe charge out of them, which I hope comes as a surprise because characters charging out of units is something I never do with my dark elves. Also discovered that the Dreaded 13th cannot be put on mixed units!
    So as long as a cavalry guy is in the block, he cannot get that off on them! For the same reasons the ScarVet joins the Temple Guard. Think TG with Hatred, Frenzy and Life-buffs already hit hard enough but I've been really afraid of the 13th - until now! ;-)
    Edit: Sadly this is not true!! Just checked it and according to Errata, When the other kind of units that join infantry are characters, that's no protection from dreaded 13th.

The Stegadons are going to try getting a charge off on A-bomb and Doomwheel. This could be a little risky because of random movement and the Doomwheel-lightnings. Rippers are supposed to go for Warmachines and put the frog on the bunker maybe :)

Salamanders are obviously auto include vs larger t3 blocks.

Problems of course: He has higher ini than me! Hate that already! Ini tests in general will be really bad and he has some of those. Multi-wounds stuff all over the place. I don't really know what to do with my skinks in this match up. The big targets have either 4+ armour or regeneration, so even with poison not enough will go through and with random movement they will just be slaughtered once they are in shooting distance.

Thank you for every comment!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015