1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40K Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by mutantandproud, Jul 3, 2015.

1. mutantandproud
    Jungle Swarm

mutantandproud New Member

Hey guys! I've always loved the Lizardmen models but couldn't get behind the fantasy play style. Also, I've always liked the Chaos Marines rules but not the models. So I've had this idea to use Lizardmen for them instead. I'm just wondering what the best proxies would be?

2. Jashyr
    Skink

Jashyr New Member

I've had similar thoughts but mostly to replace Kroot in Tau armies (because I HATE the Kroot models). It's certainly doable, it depends on whether you want to go down the savage route or the ultra-intelligent saurian route.

A long, long while back I did a test model:

[​IMG]

And I did a Krox heavy weapons test too:

[​IMG]

I've painted him since. I need to get better pics...

Hopefully it's given you a few ideas.

Qupakoco, NIGHTBRINGER, n810 and 2 others like this.
  3. mutantandproud
    Jungle Swarm

mutantandproud New Member

There's 2 ideas I've been thinking for style. First is quite high tech and sleek with a sort of Tau look to them. The other is to do a sort of looted look. Like they've salvaged weapons from other armies.

Another thing is I'd like a jump pack heavy army, lots of raptors and warp talons but I wouldn't want to use the Terradons.

4. Jashyr
    Skink

Jashyr New Member

Don't judge me too harshly but I saw Jupiter Ascending last night and the big, winged dragony dudes from there would look awesome if you could manage it. Personally I think natural wings could look better than jetpacks for converting saurus, unless you're planning on greenstuffing armour. Vargeist wings might work but are maybe a bit large. Maybe dark eldar scourge wings but I don't have any to compare.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Wow those are both awesome. I especially love the Kroxigor. Amazing conversions!