1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Tired of the same old Slann pose? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering your own version to the Golden Slann competition - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

40K - Should I .... or not? Where to start?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Aginor, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Captaniser
    Bastiladon

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Demon models can be used in AoS and 40k, that faction has always been unique that way. Demons are basically 2 armies in 1, kinda.

I don't play 40k but from what i've heard they're kinda mediocre. They are getting their own codex before christmas, and that is almost bound to make them better.

Fun fact: Soul Grinder

[​IMG]

This Demon unit was meant to only be a part of 40k, that is why it is so mechanical and it even has a laser cannon as an arm. The higher ups at GW demanded that this unit was also implemented into fantasy (now AoS) even though it looks completly out of place in a fantasy setting.

Aginor likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

I already wondered about that guy. Your explanation makes it much more clear. Thanks!

Captaniser likes this.
  3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Terradon

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

They did that in 8th Edition first with the release of the 8th Edition army book so that they wouldn't have to produce new stuff just for fantasy, but that does mean that practically every daemon unit can now be used in fantasy, AoS and 40k, whereas before the Soul Grinder was the main difference between fantasy and 40k daemons

Captaniser, Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I always hated its inclusion in Warhammer Fantasy. Like you said, it feels completely out of place.

Killer Angel likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Skar-Veteran

Killer Angel Well-Known Member

Pretty much. "why not use daemonic crab legs?" was my first thought.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

The model was very obviously designed for 40k and shoehorned into fantasy. There is nothing wrong with it, as its design fits perfectly within its intended universe. The only issue is that GW decided to try to make a few extra :greedy::greedy: by pushing it onto fantasy players.

Captaniser likes this.
  7. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

Another short question:
    Is/was that human Emperor guy as much of a dick towards aliens as his deputies are? And if yes: why?
    I mean: I'd rather have Eldar and Tau on my side fighting Chaos, Tyranids and Necrons and Orks, instead of fighting all of them at the same time...

Captaniser likes this.
  8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

9. Captaniser
    Bastiladon

Captaniser Well-Known Member

The Emperor didn't look at aliens with the kindest of hearts. He told them to either have a complete surrender and that they should believe that the Emperiums ways were superior in every single way, if they didn't do both they usually went extinct. He didn't really mind the Elder, they sometimes helped him and vise versa, but he still wanted to get rid of them if the opportunity arose. Big E believed in human supremacy. Xenos races could either help humanity through tithes and submission or go extinct and give the Emperium more planets.

It wasn't just aliens that got that ultimatum tho. There does exist human empires that are outside of the Emperium, some are so segregated they don't even realise the Emperium exists. If the Emperium or the Emperor ran into one of these empires he demanded the same things, join or die. Abandon your culture, history and allegiances to join the glorious Emperor. Despoil your peaceful and beautiful worlds so that they can become factories for the wars of the Emperium.

NIGHTBRINGER and Aginor like this.
  10. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

Thanks. So this whole coexistence thing is not something he's fond of, I understand...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  11. Killer Angel
    Skar-Veteran

Killer Angel Well-Known Member

In the dark future there are only morons!

Aginor likes this.