1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age 4500 points of Saurian ancients

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Lachlin, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Lachlin
    Cold One

Lachlin Well-Known Member

I've been playing AoS for a while, and some of the guys at the LGS are doing 9th age, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. I've played 2 intro games so far and here is my first go at a proper army list.
    Warlord on Alpha Carnesaur w/ shield, spear of th stampede and starfall shard......940
    Cutal Lord, dispel scroll, BSB.....................................................................................700
    20 warriors w/ spears and full command....................................................................540
    20 warriors w/ spears and full command....................................................................540
    15 skinks w/ poisoned javelins....................................................................................240
    15 temple guard w/ unit champ...................................................................................380
    10 raptor riders with full command..............................................................................640
    3 rhampadon riders w/ shields....................................................................................265
    Thyroscutus w/ sun engine..........................................................................................250

Comments?

2. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Have you gotten in any games with this so far? I'd expect that the Warlord on Alpha is doing well, as long as you point him at the opponent's big nasties. I don't know about the 20x Warrior units. I find that they do best either as 10-model heavy chaff, or a big unit that can afford to take some losses. Similarly, I'd go big with your Temple Guard or skip them. I love Raptor Riders, but a unit of 10 is really big...that could grind down a lot of stuff, but it also is really expensive. So far I've only done anything like that when putting some characters in it, or as 5-model units to get in some supporting charges and that kind of thing.

I will say that between the Raptors, Rhamphos and Carnosaur you've got some fast stuff, and could load up one flank with that against more numerous opponents to really concentrate your strength in one place.

Really curious to hear how it's gone so far!