1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 50 wound army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Thor0298, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

1-2 heroes up to 12 wounds
    12 wounds on monsters
    If a hero monster it counts double

Bastiladon 8
    Slann 7
    5xChameleons 5
    1handler 1
    3xSalamanders 9
    10 Knights 20

Leftovers for summoning
    4 chameleons left
    2 salamanders left
    Bastiladons three left
    Knights

dwarfepic likes this.
  2. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

I think that this army is ok, but there are a few flaws in it. one of the main ones is the single handler. if he dies the sallies effectivnes is decreased, and your opponent only has to take out one wound of skink. not to say the salamanders are bad, they will be great for killing highly armoured troops. just maybe only two, some more handalers and leave the rest to summon. I think the bastilidon is a good choose as your opponent will want to kill it and will then be using a few turns and a lot of units to do it. one thing I have been experimenting with recently is kroxigor. when put near the bastilidon, and the opponent tries to horde you down, so much that the basi cannot deal with, the moon hammer steps in. with some key units tied down by the basi, knights can use war drums to move very fast and give you board control in a few turns. as for the chameleons, they will be a great harassment unit in a small 50 wound game. to many would limit your recources and, well to few here is non existant (minimum unit of 5) sorry about not being able to summon only four chameleons. I would not attempt to summon a bastilidon without and astrolith and a constellation of magic from the slaan ( not that it cannot be done ) . your best option for summoning is salamanders and knights, easy to summon and very effective in a broad spectrum of situations. the knights should probably be equipped with lances as with their speed you will have choice of what your charge.

I think that this army is quite well rounded, and with a few tweaks could be very hard to beat.

Huanchi likes this.
  3. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

I'm hoping to get a few more chameleons. I play against a lot of death and nurgle. I use them to early on harass their caster and hopefully taking the caster out in a turn maybe two. Usually after one does thennincan summon the unit of five back.

If you went with kroxigor, what would you give up for 12 wounds? Maybe this?

slann 7
    bastiladon 8
    3 kroxigor 12
    5 chameleons 5
    2 salamanders 6
    2 handlers 2
    5 Knights 10

Huanchi and dwarfepic like this.
  4. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

I think that that is definitely a good list, and the chameleons will be able to take on death/nurgle casters and buy you a few turns whilst the salamanders get in range. both death and nurgle have high rend stuff so the bastilidon will cope with them. sallies can strip nurgle of good saves and do mortals to rend immune death. summoning will help against death and nurgle as they can both summon a lot as well. maybe not kroxigor for the starting line up, but for summoning, as they are eays to summon and are a very versatile unit. for the list I would go for:

slaan 7
    bastilidon 8
    6 chameleons 6
    2 salamanders 6
    3 handlers 3
    10 knights 20

total 50 wounds.

5. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

The only summon limitation is the scroll has to be active one the thanks for it to beanie to be summoned. But I'll try that list this week see how it goes. Thanks!

dwarfepic likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Sorry for being late to the party.

I don't agree on the multiple handlers. You need only one to gain the bonus, and if the opponent kills him, you can always summon another one before your shooting phase.

Huanchi likes this.