1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 50 Wounds Seraphon Army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by MomoTheKiller, Feb 2, 2016.

1. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

Hey hello,

I'm going to play at my first tournament, there is limit 50 Wounds per army.

This is my base setup:

SLANN STARMASTER 7W (General)
    SAURUS OLDBLOOD ON CARNOSAUR 12W
    SAURUS KNIGHTS 10W (5 models)
    SKINK STARPRIEST 4W
    CHAMELEON SKINKS 5W (5 models)
    SAURUS WARRIORS 12W (12 models)

I will have benefit from GUL'ROK'S and I can summon not more than 3 units (from summoning rooster max 5 units).
    Summoning rooster:
    SAURUS ASTROLITH BEARER
    SAURUS SUNBLOOD
    SAURUS ETERNITY WARDEN
    BASTILADON
    SKINKS

Depends on battle I will make choice what I will need to summon. I'm not able to summon more than 1 unit type. So I can't summon multiple Skinks unit or 2 Bastiladons. I think ETERNITY WARDEN will be my 1st choice, then BASTILADON or SKINKS...

Any advice on this? Or maybe some tips, hints?

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I would field more infantry 12 warriors won't do much at stopping advancing troops but I'm a novice and without knowing what you will face it's hard to recommend anything.

Can you use different warscrolls for summoning other than the 5 you have listed?

I would go,

Slann 7w
    Basilidon 8w
    Eternity warden 7
    Saurus guard 19
    Skink Starpriest 4
    Chameleon skinks 5

And play defensive, you would have the bonus for the Eternal starhost with Mystic shield and Drakescale shieldwall and the Guard have a very impressive +2 save (+1 IF within 8" of a Slann) and make sure you sit your Guard for one turn so they gain the D3 damage. Pick off approaching enemies with solar beam and arcane bolts.

Summon in

Sunblood
    Saurus Warriors
    Skinks
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    Salamander

But like I said I have limited experience.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    n810 likes this.
  3. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

The main problem is that I have almost all models but not Guards :) I will try what u recommended.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Hopefully @Bainbow or @Killer Angel or @Bowser will see this post and offer their superior experience to your list.

5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

I kinda want to say that you should cut the knights and spend their wounds on Warriors to beef up your infantry. As for the summoning, you should aim for the Warden, the Astriloth, and the Bastiladon. The Warden may be essencial in keeping your Slann alive and the Astriloth's +1 To Casting will help you bring out the Bastiladon as well as pull off any other spell at an increased range.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'll try to elaborate later, but for now...
    Without guards, the warden will work at only half of his potential. You may need him to keep alive the Slann, but you should summon him.
    At the start of the game, it's better to field the Sunblood for his excellent command ability, and you cannot use it if you summon him.

7. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

hmm 5 knights is 10 wounds, and that cause next problem :p I have only 12 Saurus Warriors :) Dang these army deals are so bad...
    Maybe it will be easier if I will add what I have atm:
    Start Collecting! Seraphon + Converted Troglodon
    Bastiladon x2
    Skinks box
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    Saurus Eternity Warden
    Chameleon Skinks
    Skink Priest With Feathered Cloak
    Saurus Sunblood
    Skink Starpriest
    Tehenhauin - can I use him with some special rules?

8. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Hm... in that case I think you should swap the Carnosaur for the Bastiladon because the Basi is both cheaper to field with Wounds and, with a Solar Engine, is objectively better than any other monster we can field including the carnosaur, and switch the Starpriest for the Sunblood to be your general with that brilliant Command Ability as Killer suggested.

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Tehenhauin is still usable and useful in a skink heavy army. But Sunblood should definitely be in your starting line up. Especially since you have built an aggressive army. I would cut the riders in favor of more warriors if you can, if you can't though hwre is what I am thinking :
    SLANN STARMASTER 7W (General)
    SAURUS OLDBLOOD ON CARNOSAUR 12 W
    CHAMELEON SKINKS 5W (5 models)
    SAURUS WARRIORS 12W (12 models)
    SUNBLOOD 7W
    ASTROLITH BEARER 6W
    Borrow a saurus from someone to give you lucky 13 saurus and bring you up to 50!

Summon Roster:
    Knights
    Skinks
    Bastiladon
    Troglodon
    Saurus warriors (for in the event yours get wiped you will want to havr the option to bring them back)

Now remember to play aggressively. Use your summons to their fullest advantage. Before the opponent can get a charge in, summon skinks and the troglodon to shoot holes in his warriors. Plus the Trog gets closer for an added unbinding. Opponents Getting too close to your slann? Put a bastiladon in the way. The knights aren't quick enough on their own but summoning them puts them in whatever position you need them in. When they're stuck between a bastiladon and a group of knights you are guaranteed a decimation if not a complete annihilation. Your slann should be busy. Never missing a spell, keep the sage's staff up until you can get into position to take out the driving force of the opponents army then buff, summon and switch to the great drake, make sure your astrolith is in position and planted. You should see results with the sunblood's command ability combined with the great drake constellation your entire army is getting re rolls and the saurus keywords get better ones. (if you choose Sunblood as general, which you definitely should)
    Stay on the opponent be aggressive but pull your initial punches to draw them to you, his is where your summons are really handy. If they split between defensive and offensive which they will because they see you summoning stuff close to them, they will send half their army to you to die, and then only half an army left to defend, which as I said, when you're between a bastiladon and a group of knights there's very little you can do, made all the worse when chameleons pop up to shoot alongside summoned skinks/trog.

Wazz likes this.