1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5th ed books... broken? (not what you think)

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by KroxigorsFTW, Sep 1, 2009.

1. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

OK well, as far as i can tell, the 5th ED book are made of molten crap (or atleast their binding is) becase every Codex/army book i've gotten in the new installation of rules has bad binding. Forinstance, i know a guy (on another forum) who's daemon Codex's middle scetion feel out, and another who's whole army list section (even the gifts) fell out. My Space marine army list is out (except 3 pages) and the magic items section of my LM Army Bokk arn't too far off either.
    /end rant

I suppose the point of this (besides to rant) is to see if anyone else has had this problem of late?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I personally haven't, but I know of lots of people that have. Apparently if you take them back to the store, GW will give you a new one.

The reason is they decided to outsource the printing of the books to China to save money, they were previously printed in England. Stupid idea by the looks of it, I'm not sure if they have taken a back step on the idea, it was a while ago it started happening. Looking at my LM book, the back does say printed in china. Nuts, I hope it doesn't fall apart.

3. Corbechev
    Saurus

Corbechev New Member

My warriors of Chaos book is falling apart, and my last edition VC and last edition Tyranids codex are perfectly fine

4. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

My necrons codex lost a couple pages the other day, luckily I found them!

5. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

i have the same problem with my WOC army book.

6. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

It happened with both my friends dwarf books, my friend's O&G book, and my L book aint to far off from losing my magic items section.

7. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Same...

8. kables
    Saurus

kables New Member

I play Chaos in 40k and with the last 2 updates (both being oppentens i play regular i have lost more then 99% against them

before hand it was a 50 /50

its very disappointed

pretty much when i play 40k at my local hobby or GW i ask what they have
    if they say IG, or space wolfs i just give them a win and look for a space marine or Nid army
    so i can have fun.

9. dhuan gor
    Saurus

dhuan gor New Member

my lizardmen enchanted items is falling apart to.
    I got loads of older books wich haven't fell apart jet. It just gets worse and worse.

10. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

I spoke to a guy in my local store and there was a specific problem with one of the batches of the WoC book, they used a weaker glue or something. This means if you take the book in they give you another for free, which is what my friend did (the binding broke after 2 days).

11. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

Yea my WoC book began falling apart within a week of buying it. As has my DE book. Weird I honestly thought I was the only one.

12. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

I go to office max and they cut off the binding and put a spiral binding on instead. Works like a charm and you can really fold the pages over to focus on the section you're looking at.

Heck, you could even take out all the fluff and just have the rules sections bound for quick access.

13. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Heh, that's sorta what i did with my Marine Codex, except it was the army list, and it fell out, all besides the page first and last page...

I... hate... it....

Oh, and how much does that cost, it might be worth it....

14. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

It was really not expensive... like maybe $5 a book. It makes your books a lot more useable as you can fold over the whole thing so you're only looking at the page you need.