1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 7+!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Doom Lizard, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

In the BRB it states that if you need more than 6's to hit then poison doesn't take effect. So the only way to get the poison is to only incur 2 shooting penalties! That's kinda hard isn't it? I know we can scout but still. How do you vet's do this? Please guide me. Thank you bretheren

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Take javelins. Then you dont recieve penalties for moving or long range.

If you choose to use blowpipes, keep in mind that just because you HAVE the ability to shoot twice with each skink doesnt mean that you always HAVE to. I HAVE the ability to hit the table so that a dice rolls in my favor, but...well nvm.

The point is, that treat the blowpipe just like any short ranged weapon (i.e. throwing stars, etc.), until you are either in cover (standing stationary), shooting at a large target, or running circles around a r&f unit (no long range penalty). Generally speaking, skinks should be doing one of those three things in order to march block effectively, so you will definately have such opportunities.

3. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

And our Javelin are poison as well. I forgot there are no penalties for thrown weapons. And it would give me a shield as well. Thank you as always SohCah. I am a Wood elf player at heart, so i need to get used to short range shooting and pens for moving and shooting.

4. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

It seems like an odd rule that a poisoned dart is no longer poisonous on a role of 7+. What happens to the poison? Do the skinks, fraught with despair b/c they realize hitting on 7+ is insanity, forget to poison their weapons? Or do they not have time to tip the dart since they're on the move, at long range, and shooting twice? Perhaps the darts and javs simply don't have the strength to penetrate deep enough into the hides of their targets for the poison to take hold? IMHO, I think the winds of magic must gust strongly during the flight of the weapons, causing the poison tips to dry up.

Anyone else have any ideas what happens to the poison? Anyways, the point would be to no hit on 7+.

5. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

The same reason why flyers have to land every turn. For that matter, the same reason why a blowpipe has the same range as a pistol and more than a javelin.

mmmmmmm game balancing

6. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

OldBlood-Gar92 New Member

wait wait, so javelins always strike at 4+ ? javelins dont have penalties, for moving 12'' and/or long range ?

7. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I don't believe you can ever march and shoot no matter what weapon you have. But you wouldn't suffer movement penalties for moving six inches or shooting at a distance of 5-8" (with a skink armed with javelin).

PS not too sure on the range of a javelin, couldn't remember and my books are packed so I couldn't check :)

8. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

Javs are a thrown weapon and suffer no penalties for movement or range. Skinks are never allow to march and shoot. So, yes, you can move 6" and still throw the Jav another 8" w/o taking any penalties. Only penalties would be those incurred b/c of your target choice (i.e. shooting into skirmishers, cover, etc.).

9. montaa
    Jungle Swarm

montaa New Member

Not only can you move and fire the poison Javalin, but you must also take into account the devestating strength of a Skink. All the mortal world trembles before the all powerful sk...

I think I am getting this confused with something else.

Needless to say T3 troops hate you and T5 troops hate your poison. So march on 60 point skink platoons and take down those nasty Demons.

10. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

This keeps getting better and better. I supposed i could have just read the book but i ain't much for that book learnin' Thanks guys. Yeah FEAR THE LITTLE GREENIES.

11. Pinkus
    Saurus

Pinkus New Member

can you use the javelin then to get poison attacks in H2H?

12. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

No. The javelin is only a ranged weapon. In combat, Skinks use hand weapons, which as described in the Skink's rules entry are not poison.