1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 800 points (improved)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Lord Rekt, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord Rekt
    Jungle Swarm

Lord Rekt New Member

Hey guys, I hope you liked my post, but I got feedback from Rettile, and he gave me more suggestions, so here is my new and improved 800 point list!!!

Lords
    None
    Hero's
    Skink Priest-Lore of Beast, Wizard lvl 2, Dispel scroll, Iron Curse Icon, Biting Blade, Seed of Rebirth
    Scar Veteran- Cold One, Shield, Light Armour, Battle Standard, Egg of Quano, Golden Sigl Sword, Enchanted Shield
    Core
    30 Skink Skirmishers- Champion, Shieldso and Lustrian Javelin
    Special
    15 Temple Guard-Full Command.

There you go, and I hope you guys can give me feedback, also every day I will post something else
    BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

oh lord, what happened here?
    My first advice: keep posting in a single topic, it's easier both for you and the other people ;)
    Ok, now regarding the list:
    • in 8th edition you can spend max 25% of your points in heroes, so you have 200 points to spend: your heroes cost too much!
    • no reason to give a magical weapon to the priest, you don't want him in combat!
    • your scar vet has both a shield and the enchanted shield: sadly he cannot;
    • the max armor save is 1+, and yours would actually be -1+ ;) ;
    • when i suggested you a big close combat unit with smaller support units you probably have misunderstood me: usually the close combat unit is a tough one (like saurus warriors or temple guards) and the supporting ones are smaller and fast.
    So, here's some other advices:
    • If i were in you i'd field a single Hero and no lords, choosing between a caster and a fighter;
    • 30 skirmishers in a unit are pointless, you need them to redirect, annoy and shoot down some nasty things with poison: two units of 10 without champions would be enough;
    • 15 temple guard are way too few: like saurus warriors they're slow and so they need large numbers to actually have the chance to strike. I'd go with saurus warriors anyway: they're cheaper and if you keep your beast skink the typical will make them really strong.
    I'm not posting you an actual list because i don't know what you have and because i think that it's better if you write your own list, but I hope to help you with some basic principles :D

airjamy likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The way I see it... your TG are slow, and even if Lore of beasts will buff'em, you cannot lan too much the magic phase, given that you'll only have 2 spells.
    What about Tetto, instead of the priest? Can you squeeze him in your points?
    Your TG will get vanguard, and you can plan your magic phase (casandora / Urannon the enemy at a distance, then your guards will reroll the ones)